Diezel VH4 Pedal  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.

Re: Diezel VH4 Pedal

Postby bmxguitarsbmx » 13 Sep 2017, 18:48

Both Presence and Depth should be C type (reverse log). It will give the controls something closer to dB/degree of rotation, making the sweet spot a little easier to hit.
bmxguitarsbmx
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 56 times

Postby Optical » 14 Sep 2017, 03:40

You can mitigate the issue by reducing the pot value or putting a resistor between pins 2&3 on the pot to change the curve to a more aani-log shape.
That's something I need to play with soon to figure out what values. Had the same issue building a tube VH4 amp
Optical

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby reichi » Yesterday, 09:48

Hey,

i don't know if this is allowed here but i've ordered a small batch of weasel v84 and now have 4 boards left.
I'm located in germany and would give them away for production cost + shipping (for germany/austria roughly ~5€ for one or ~7€ for two).
Sadly packaging + shipping costs are higher than the actual prodcution cost which is <2€.

If anyone is interested I'll calc the exact price (it's a bit less than stated, i was just too lazy to calculate it exactly).
reichi

Have thanks: 0 time

Previous

Return to Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...)