EHX - Deluxe Memory Man (SAD 1024A) EH7550  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
echodeluxe
Information

Post by echodeluxe »

i have a 90's reissue with some caps on the back of the board.

thoughts? havent had a chance to trace out where they go yet. i think the top one is across the level pot.

lohstah
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by lohstah »

somehow those two ceramic disc caps look to me like to muscular sportsmen, e.g. double luge... :lol:

echodeluxe
Information

Post by echodeluxe »

hah well thats one way to look at it...

echodeluxe
Information

Post by echodeluxe »

no one has input?

PmCimini
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by PmCimini »

It seems that they are on the second and third pin of both blend and feedback. Interesting :hmmm:

Modded? Capacitors have really small values... doesn't seem it would affect the sound that much.

ssmc
Information
Completed builds: BAJA Real tube overdrive

Post by ssmc »

Is there a layout of DMM maybe?Would like to build one :D

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

ssmc wrote:Is there a layout of DMM maybe?Would like to build one :D

Say how much do you love me, and I'll check what I have ;)

ssmc
Information
Completed builds: BAJA Real tube overdrive

Post by ssmc »

sinner wrote:
ssmc wrote:Is there a layout of DMM maybe?Would like to build one :D

Say how much do you love me, and I'll check what I have ;)
:hmmm: Don't know how ta say it virtually but this smiley :hug: :D

First time I heard this delay,was when my friend built it.Then I chased that MN3005 IC's. Bought some from e-bay first,but I think they are fake,then bought from utsource and it seems they are real.The rest of the parts i ordered from banzai.This are all the parts for aqua puss actually since I have now 4 of those IC's and I need two for DMM(I don't know why i wrote this :blackeye ).

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

:mrgreen:

PM me your email

elwe23
Information

Post by elwe23 »

i'm also interested :)

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

I know I should ask this in requests but maybe someone will need this info in future as well as I do and it's easier to find it here in this tread.

Anyway...

I need factory schemo, or/and service manual for Memory Man Stereo Echo/Chorus (3 knob MM), if you have one please help me out buddy :oops: :)

Also, I was thinking... The one I have has a power cord and internal transformer. Do I can shift powering methode to use standard 24VDC power bank by simply removing transformer out and wire it to power supply socked, or I should play some moves around of the circuity as well?

Thanks guys
Pawel

dmc777
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by dmc777 »

I saw the Deluxe Electric Mistress mention and a schematic link. The schematic in the link is for an original mistress with the SAD1024 IC's though. Does anyone have the schematic for a DEM RI? I'm wanted to do some mods on mine. Mainly give it an led, TB, and possibly add a blend or level knob and fix that damn volume drop!

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

dmc777 wrote:I saw the Deluxe Electric Mistress mention and a schematic link. The schematic in the link is for an original mistress with the SAD1024 IC's though. Does anyone have the schematic for a DEM RI? I'm wanted to do some mods on mine. Mainly give it an led, TB, and possibly add a blend or level knob and fix that damn volume drop!
I'm sure this guy have howard.davis2@att.net

Howard Davis is an designer of this pedal, I've contacted him to solve the problem with my 90's reissue DMM and he was more than kind and helpful

BTW, I have a 3 knob Memory Man with pot codes from 81. I've snagged it off ebay for 80 bucks as a dead unit. It had only one tinny problem, one wire from echo/chorus switch was off :D I'm FUCKING love ebay :) I'll post the inside picts in separate tread soon

igloo0213
Information

Post by igloo0213 »

I just got a 90's reissue DMM in the mail, which has the old pointer knobs and the 120v power cord. I have already gone through and replaced all of the signal wire with shielded wire, installed a DPDT switch for true bypass, replaced the standard metal jacks with insulated nylon jacks, and redone the grounding scheme as per some of the information provided in this thread. However, there is still a very annoying ground hum, which I would assume to be a loop between the ground of my amp and the ground of the pedal. I have a more recent reissue with the wall wart that doesn't make any noise whatsoever, aside from BBD hiss. Is there a way to modify this pedal to eliminate this hum, either by replacing the internal transformer with a wall wart, or something else?

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

WOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! what a great pedal!!! if anyone could clone it???? perhaps do with a MN3007 o Mn3207 the chinese cloners do it by a dollar or less In my country there are less than a dollar each one!!!! I know that it ´s come from CHINA and I clone the EH Mistress pedal to probe the MN3007 ones and are gods!!!! anyone modified this pedal for the MN3007, MN3207 IC´s????

tidalweapon
Information

Post by tidalweapon »

GodSaveMetal wrote:WOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! what a great pedal!!! if anyone could clone it???? perhaps do with a MN3007 o Mn3207 the chinese cloners do it by a dollar or less In my country there are less than a dollar each one!!!! I know that it ´s come from CHINA and I clone the EH Mistress pedal to probe the MN3007 ones and are gods!!!! anyone modified this pedal for the MN3007, MN3207 IC´s????
I cloned it with MN3005 chips.

See for yourself. It now misses an enclosure. :p Great delay and modulation effects.

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

It´s anyone cloned it whit the MN3007 or MN3207 series??? OK brother you have cloned whith the MN3005 please you have the layout, bill materials and the PCB???

Dimitree
Information

Post by Dimitree »

you can't use mn3007 or 3207, there are far less stages in those, you need 2 mn3005 or 4 mn3008 (but with 3008 you need to mod the circuit). the mn320x series need different voltages than the 300x series.

tidalweapon
Information

Post by tidalweapon »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17686325/Analog-Delay-Layout -> Right here! :)
There are some mistakes on the BOM though.

GodSaveMetal
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by GodSaveMetal »

tidalweapon wrote:http://www.scribd.com/doc/17686325/Analog-Delay-Layout -> Right here! :)
There are some mistakes on the BOM though.
Don´t have the permition to capture all the layout; please repost it with the PCB, layout and the correct BILL materials!!!!!!!