List of Joyo Pedal Clones

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
atreidesheir
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: thd univalve

Post by atreidesheir »

opened a joyo tremolo for a friend. The trimpot just beneath the rate pot is maxed and gets close to unity gain. You can bend the guard on the trimpot and turn the trimmer up just a bit more and makes the pedal a real winner.

read about this on tdpri and can confirm it is a great little move to make for this great pedal.
"Contemplate it - on the tree of woe." :Thulsa Doom

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

Joyo Classic Chorus = Ibanez CS 9 (in mono)

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

atreidesheir
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by atreidesheir »

analogguru wrote:Joyo Classic Chorus = Ibanez CS 9 (in mono)

analogguru
close enough for rocknroll :applause:

Dave_Mc
Information

Post by Dave_Mc »

cs9? interesting. my chorus is about the only one of the joyos i have that I don't like so much- i mean, it's alright, and for the price it's hard to complain, but it's a bit noisy and a little thin-sounding. my tonerider chorus (i think it's based on a ce2, but don't think it's an exact clone) sounds a lot richer (and has no noise).

analogguru
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by analogguru »

Joyo Tremolo (JF-09) = Fulltone Supa-Trem =~ Demeter Tremulator

analogguru
There´s a sucker born every minute - and too many of them end up in the bootweak pedal biz.

atreidesheir
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by atreidesheir »

Dave_Mc wrote:cs9? interesting. my chorus is about the only one of the joyos i have that I don't like so much- i mean, it's alright, and for the price it's hard to complain, but it's a bit noisy and a little thin-sounding. my tonerider chorus (i think it's based on a ce2, but don't think it's an exact clone) sounds a lot richer (and has no noise).
For a cheap analog chorus the Moen Holy Choir sounds good. A friend has one in his rig. Sounds good.
I like the pt2399 delays, analog or not. They sound sweet to me.

I am glad AG is clearing this up for us.
I have been very curious about the origins of the circuits. There is NOTHING wrong with the sound of joyo pedals.

atreidesheir
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by atreidesheir »

https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic ... holy+choir
Pedalgrinder got us going on the holy choir.

Dave_Mc
Information

Post by Dave_Mc »

analogguru wrote:Joyo Tremolo (JF-09) = Fulltone Supa-Trem =~ Demeter Tremulator

analogguru
interesting. mine sounds pretty good, but it's fairly subtle. I think it has a trimpot which adjusts how subtle it is, but i'm kinda scared of taking it apart and not being able to get it back together :lol: As you can tell, i registered here to keep an eye on what pedals were based on what, rather than because I'm any good at building them myself :oops:
atreidesheir wrote: (a) For a cheap analog chorus the Moen Holy Choir sounds good. A friend has one in his rig. Sounds good.
(b) I like the pt2399 delays, analog or not. They sound sweet to me.

(c) I am glad AG is clearing this up for us.
(d) I have been very curious about the origins of the circuits. There is NOTHING wrong with the sound of joyo pedals.
(a) thanks for the heads-up- any idea what it's based on? I was thinking of maybe picking up the mooer chorus, i think it's a ce2 with a level control (but could be wrong on that).
(b) yeah my joyo delay does sound pretty good.
(c) agreed :)
(d) yeah the ones i have (apart from the chorus) sound pretty good. Not saying they necessarily sound as good as the real thing (or are as reliable), but if they sound 90-95% as good for a fifth of the price...

Effectsiation
Information

Post by Effectsiation »

I'm just going by the ad copy and knob count here, but could the "Roll Boost" be the Super Chili Picoso? Does anyone have a gutshot of the Roll Boost?

Effectsiation
Information

Post by Effectsiation »

Also, they added a "JF-39 - Deluxe Crunch" to the list, if someone could add that to the first post.

The ad copy says: "Updated version of classic Crunch with higher adjustability, which brings you a almighty Crunch distortion.This pedal definitely is the best of a lot of British pedals. True Bypass design"

So... it's the MI Audio Crunch Box with a Pre control? I guess we won't really know without gutshots.

felixmeirelles
Information

Post by felixmeirelles »

One more for the list.
The Pocket Metal JF-35 is a simplified version of Boss MT-2 Metal Zone:

Most significant changes,
MT-2 -> JF35
4 way equalizer (Bass, treble, mid1 and mid2) -> only one MID control (100KB pot)
3 M5218AL Mitsubishi -> 3 RC4558 Texas
Flip flop -> True bypass by 3pdt
Most capacitors are polyester -> Most capacitors are ceramic smd.

The values ​​of the dist and level pots are same in both pedals (50KA - 250KA).
The clipping struture are identic but uses smd diodes and transistors on JF-35.

Brink
Degoop Doctor
Information

Post by Brink »

felixmeirelles
Information

Post by felixmeirelles »

JF-35 - MT-2 version pics:
https://imageshack.us/g/1/9925759/

Lucifer
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Vyse BBQ Blue

Post by Lucifer »

This Joyo graphic EQ has an interesting spec (according to the ad I've copied below) !

"The Joyo JF-11 6 band graphic equalizer pedal gives you a great range of tonal possibilities and the option to boost your signal and get the sound you want! Excellent value for money and a solid metal construction mean you'll get years of reliable use, on or off stage! Each band provides 18Db range to help you find your favourite tone.

Frequency Band:100Hz,200Hz,300Hz,400Hz,800Hz,1.6MHz and 3.2MHz. [ ! ] True Bypass. Runs off 9 Volt battery (included) or 9v Power Supply (Optional)

Each band provides 18Db range to help you find your favourite tone."
”Sex is great - but you can’t beat the real thing !” - The Wanker’s Handbook

chumbox
Information

Post by chumbox »

JOYO Compressor = possible Ross / older Keeley clone

Pulled it open last night and it looks like a Ross running 2sc1849 transistors (like script Dyna Comps and older Keeleys) but a newer CA3080E like the Keeley and a boutique kit company Ross. Metal film resistors, Mylar caps and some average soldering but works tops. Box is solid.

This pedal sounds amazing for the price. Less squash than a Dyna Comp but it can still squash. I like a slow attack to let transients through so the attacks control is really handy.

Sure it's not Keeley in tone but for $180 less it's a good pedal for now.

artkingjw
Information

Post by artkingjw »

anybody read about the Dr.Js yet?

http://www.wtfaccessories.com/effect-pe ... .j-pedals/

seen demo of green crystal and arsenal distortion - they sound really good, green crystal sorta reminds me of lovepedal amp11 or a timmy, i don't own either but i've heard them on numerous occasions

czech-one-2
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by czech-one-2 »

Effectsiation wrote:Also, they added a "JF-39 - Deluxe Crunch" to the list, if someone could add that to the first post.

The ad copy says: "Updated version of classic Crunch with higher adjustability, which brings you a almighty Crunch distortion.This pedal definitely is the best of a lot of British pedals. True Bypass design"

So... it's the MI Audio Crunch Box with a Pre control? I guess we won't really know without gutshots.
My guess is they just moved the presence trim pot outside.... just a guess though!

czech-one-2
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by czech-one-2 »

atreidesheir wrote:opened a joyo tremolo for a friend. The trimpot just beneath the rate pot is maxed and gets close to unity gain. You can bend the guard on the trimpot and turn the trimmer up just a bit more and makes the pedal a real winner.

read about this on tdpri and can confirm it is a great little move to make for this great pedal.
Hey that was me over at the TDPRI! This may be a first as I'm usually the guy asking for HELP! :scratch:
I still really like the joyo compressor and tremolo. Others have come and gone but those two are staying.

atreidesheir
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by atreidesheir »

YAY!
I like joyo pedals. you get a bit more than you par for.

Frabbio
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Frabbio »

I got a Joyo US Dream here with me to make some modification, and i can confirm it's a Riot clone.
The clipping section is only asymmetric in the Joyo pedal.