Page 3 of 6

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 18:32
by Seiche
guycapuano wrote:Kind of does not look like a HBOD?

isn't it supposed to be a sweet honey OD? Kinda hard to see though with the smd, could be either. Don't see any LEDs though.

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2012, 19:09
by guycapuano
Seiche wrote:
guycapuano wrote:Kind of does not look like a HBOD?

isn't it supposed to be a sweet honey OD? Kinda hard to see though with the smd, could be either. Don't see any LEDs though.

Yeah either or I dont see any LED's either. do they have smd LED's? If not its def lacking.............. :hmmm:


Man I want to see the chips in the analog delay :whappen:

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 00:28
by HardChuck
Hi.

I just received my joyo "Analog" delay.

I ordered it just after check the BBD inside the Flanger. I thought the new analog delay must be "analog". Well, I was wrong. It's CD2399 (SMD). I will find how to put a pic here.

And the sound is pretty much the same of the Digital Delay that I have too. Probably the same schematic but SMD. Not a Big loss at all, now I have TWO pedal to modify :)

I will try to put a bigger cap in the low pass filter on the 2399. There is too much treble for my taste.

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 00:42
by guycapuano
HardChuck wrote:Hi.

I just received my joyo "Analog" delay.

I ordered it just after check the BBD inside the Flanger. I thought the new analog delay must be "analog". Well, I was wrong. It's CD2399 (SMD). I will find how to put a pic here.

And the sound is pretty much the same of the Digital Delay that I have too. Probably the same schematic but SMD. Not a Big loss at all, now I have TWO pedal to modify :)

I will try to put a bigger cap in the low pass filter on the 2399. There is too much treble for my taste.

Crappy :cry:

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 01:03
by Seiche
well that sucks, that was the only one i was interested in. why can they just put analog on the front when it's not?

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 04:05
by HardChuck
Well, here it is

Joyo JF-33 Analog (wanna be) Delay

the IC's are CD2399 + SA571D + RC4558

http://imgbox.com/aaiDI4hs
http://imgbox.com/aan7eXBe
http://imgbox.com/aarMiD59
http://imgbox.com/aay99tHk
http://imgbox.com/aagT0iBm

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 12:36
by HardChuck
Well, just to inform the new "Dr.J" series are $89.

There is this Shadow Echo with modulation.. But I won´t roll the dice again over another delay from Joyo until someone confirm it is analog. I don´t want to open the third one and realize it is a 2399 again.

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 12:39
by Scruffie
HardChuck wrote:Well, just to inform the new "Dr.J" series are $89.

There is this Shadow Echo with modulation.. But I won´t roll the dice again over another delay from Joyo until someone confirm it is analog. I don´t want to open the third one and realize it is a 2399 again.

Check out the Mooer Analog Delay, that one uses a 3205 BBD.

Simmilar kind of company to Joyo except all their effects fit 1590As.

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 15:17
by HardChuck
Scruffie wrote:Check out the Mooer Analog Delay, that one uses a 3205 BBD.


maybe for this "expensive" price range (one for $88, two for $124 shipped) , the mooer is the best shot... I tried the JF-33 because was $45.

and here in Brazil I can´t get anything for this price... but for $88 it start to get serious... after the bunch of joyos I bought, my wife will kill me if she see another one in the mailbox in a shor period of time.... :horsey:

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 15:55
by Scruffie
Analog Delays just are expensive, fraid that's how it is. Your wife is gunna have to learn pedals are an addiction :)

The cheapest I can think of is the Daphon (or one of its other brandings) not perfect (bypass is a bit poor and they're not brilliantly biased straight out the factory) but a decent Analog delay for cheap, you need to buy a 3205 BBD for it though if you want more than about 150mS as it uses a 3208.

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 17:01
by drbob1
Yeah, the only good deals in true analog delays are the old, Japanese ones. Things like Arion, Ross Taiwan and so on. Oh, yes, the Dano stuff is BBD too, isn't it?

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 17:38
by Seiche
what about the memory toy?

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 19:07
by guycapuano
Seiche wrote:what about the memory toy?


Yeah the Toy is great!

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 15:16
by pual
I get a Shadow Echo,that was an echo base delay mod,pt2399 inside too. :slap:

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 21:55
by erikm5150
Does anybody know if all the new joyo pedals are SMD?

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 18:27
by Scruffie
Got the Joyo 6 Band today, definitley just the standard MXR set up, 4 Dual Opamps (4558) all SMD.

Noticed it has the 3PDT status LED inside the pedal but bent round to short it out.

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 18:57
by Seiche
Scruffie wrote:Noticed it has the 3PDT status LED inside the pedal but bent round to short it out.

why? :scratch:

are the values the same too? btw, does an eq pedal benefit from using higher quality ICs?

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 19:03
by Scruffie
Seiche wrote:
Scruffie wrote:Noticed it has the 3PDT status LED inside the pedal but bent round to short it out.

why? :scratch:

are the values the same too? btw, does an eq pedal benefit from using higher quality ICs?

Well the indicator LEDs are built in to each slider so I guess they figured they wouldn't drill another hole but still use the same 3PDT board as all there other pedals.

The values are tiny and I can't be bothered to check, it still covers the same frequency bands so let's just assume so.
And a 4558 might be a little lower noise than the original 1458s which would help seeing as it adds gain.

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 20:29
by Seiche
Scruffie wrote:Well the indicator LEDs are built in to each slider so I guess they figured they wouldn't drill another hole but still use the same 3PDT board as all there other pedals.

gotcha! that makes sense :block:

Scruffie wrote:The values are tiny and I can't be bothered to check, it still covers the same frequency bands so let's just assume so.
And a 4558 might be a little lower noise than the original 1458s which would help seeing as it adds gain.

I was thinking, what if someone built an EQ with OPAs or even TLC2262 or NE5532 or something. Any benefit in that? or just mojo? not speaking the mxr or joyo, just educational (sorry for OffTopic)

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2012, 20:38
by Scruffie
Seiche wrote:
Scruffie wrote:Well the indicator LEDs are built in to each slider so I guess they figured they wouldn't drill another hole but still use the same 3PDT board as all there other pedals.

gotcha! that makes sense :block:

Scruffie wrote:The values are tiny and I can't be bothered to check, it still covers the same frequency bands so let's just assume so.
And a 4558 might be a little lower noise than the original 1458s which would help seeing as it adds gain.

I was thinking, what if someone built an EQ with OPAs or even TLC2262 or NE5532 or something. Any benefit in that? or just mojo? not speaking the mxr or joyo, just educational (sorry for OffTopic)

Well it's subjective isn't it, personally i'd just use whatever lowish noise opamp did the job, a 1458 is probably a bit noisy for the job, Probably NE5532s or TL072s would be best, i'm sure there's some effect on tone to peoples ears but when the entire point of a pedal is to alter frequencies...

But i'd say that any expensive opamp would end up being mojo yes.