EHX - Germanium OD  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
flood
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by flood »

sorry, i can't edit anymore, hence the second post - i'm thinking of the mullard black glass 0c141 in particular. how much would i need to modify the values of say a PNP OC81 tonebender to get similar results with negative ground and OC141?
In the interest of full disclosure, I am Animal Factory Amplification.

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

the bias techniques are the same, but the normal npn to pnp rules still of course apply.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

flood
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by flood »

RnFR wrote:the normal npn to pnp rules still of course apply.
ah ok... i'm assuming that by that you simply mean changing the polarity of electrolytics and diodes?

thanks again.

flood
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by flood »

ok, i was a bit overconfident so i went right ahead and built a prototype on perf. doesn't work. here's alink to the new thread i opened: https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7183

SD456
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall AFD100
Completed builds: Stompboxes:
Arbiter Fuzz Face (Germanium version),
Boss DS-1,
Ross Compressor,
Fulltone OCD (v4),

Post by SD456 »

Hi all!

Someone please upload the EHX Germanium OD schematics, the links are not working in the first post :(

Thanks in advance!
Sorry for my English!

Broadcaster
Information

Post by Broadcaster »

Well, hi SD456 - welcome and all that BUT... don't you think is leaves not the best impression when your first post shows you were not willing/able to read the discussion with all its deviations about this very subject? Also, you surely know the difference between a gutshot and a schematic?!
Really guys / gals - this is a happy and helpful bunch of people here (well, usually), but requests of that kind will not lead anywhere... but we all applaud if you will actively participate.

diodead
Information
my favorite amplifier: Egnater renegade 410

Post by diodead »

Broadcaster wrote:Well, hi SD456 - welcome and all that BUT... don't you think is leaves not the best impression when your first post shows you were not willing/able to read the discussion with all its deviations about this very subject? Also, you surely know the difference between a gutshot and a schematic?!
Really guys / gals - this is a happy and helpful bunch of people here (well, usually), but requests of that kind will not lead anywhere... but we all applaud if you will actively participate.
I can respect that, totally. And I don't know shit about shit.

mirosol
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Been on Bogner for quite some time now.
Completed builds: Over 1000 and counting.

Post by mirosol »

Got mine in the mail today and checked it out. Couple of bad photos and a trace are attached.

After the initial trace, my drawing of the design didn't make much sense. No matter how many times i checked and rechecked everything. So i decided to breadboard the circuit before posting the drawing anywhere. Spotted one small error on the breadboard and fixed it on the schematic too. I used 470n mylars for caps and 2N3906s for all three transistors on that breadboard setup. Works. And sounds very close to the original unit. Maybe even better with 2N3906 instead of "NKT275". Can't help but ask - have any of you seen a design like this before? I sure haven't...

Just realized i forgot to mark which way the pots turn.. All three are CW towards south.
Attachments
EHX-GeOD.jpg
EHX-GeOD-guts1.jpg
EHX-GeOD-guts2.jpg
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/
http://mirosol.kapsi.fi/
"No such thing as innocence" -Iron Chic

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Looks like a buffered rangemaster upside down.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

mirosol
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Been on Bogner for quite some time now.
Completed builds: Over 1000 and counting.

Post by mirosol »

Nocentelli wrote:Looks like a buffered rangemaster upside down.
Yes. I flipped it around to see if it made more sense like that, but no. I wouldn't call that a Rangemaster - even though there are some similarities.
+m
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/
http://mirosol.kapsi.fi/
"No such thing as innocence" -Iron Chic