Boss - OD-2 Turbo Overdrive  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.

Boss - OD-2 Turbo Overdrive  [schematic]

Postby gambitpawn1 » 29 Jul 2014, 18:12

i have a boss od-2r and i am concidering moding a blend pot into it verses just buying a boss ls-2. i found this pedals sounds good with my bass but i would like a wet/dry mix.

this is the page that i am using the schematic from for the pedal, i was hoping for a little guidence on where i should try to make my connections/breaks for a blend pot if possible. i have not opened the pedal yet to see if there is any room in it for the pot, but worse case i can put it in a different box and maybe a true bypass... one step at a time though...

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/stomp-box/34 ... lease.html

thanx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gambitpawn1

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: boss OD-2r blend pot mod

Postby gambitpawn1 » 29 Jul 2014, 18:26

gambitpawn1

Re: boss OD-2r blend pot mod

Postby gambitpawn1 » 30 Jul 2014, 12:43

Welll.... one the schematics is for a different pedal and after reviewing the correct one I figured out where I would need to, found the two transistors for switching and thats where I would need to get the needed signals. Either way there is not enough room in the box to fit the blend pot. I would need to put it in a different enclosure to make it work....
gambitpawn1

Re: Boss - OD-2 Turbo Overdrive

Postby Gila_Crisis » 12 Sep 2019, 07:22

I got again a Boss OD2r after long, and I really love this overdrive.
I did few mods, however, just to get more low-end out of it. I used the attached schematic, the component are marked as they are in the pedal.
Also the Wampler book was a good starting point.

C1, C12, C18: 100n
C6, C8, C13: 47nF
C17: 330n
C4, C9: 680n
C16: 6n8 (gives more presence and open sound the turbo off channel)
C14: 1uF

I did try higher values in the Turbo section, but then the sound was over way to muddy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zwischen Ordnung und Chaos fangt die Musik an

For this message the author Gila_Crisis has received thanks:
Intripped (12 Sep 2019, 08:50)
Gila_Crisis
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 72 times

Return to Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...)