Joyo - JF-06 Vintage Phase  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.

Joyo - JF-06 Vintage Phase  [schematic]

Postby zzzapfizz » 02 Nov 2012, 11:26

Couldn't find any post on the JF-06 MXR Phase 90 clone so here you go.
Wonder if the 2N5952 transistors are matched :roll:

For this message the author zzzapfizz has received thanks:
rocklander (02 Nov 2012, 21:20)
zzzapfizz

Have thanks: 3 times

Re: List of Joyo Pedal Clones

Postby guycapuano » 02 Nov 2012, 14:06

They kind of would have to be matched for it to work out properly.
guycapuano
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 10 times

Postby zzzapfizz » 02 Nov 2012, 15:06

guycapuano wrote:They kind of would have to be matched for it to work out properly.

Thanks. Do you think it will i perform smother with closer tolerance? Some seems to think so, but I've not been able to find any examples.
I bought this pedal after realizing that all of the MPX versions needed some tweeks to make them perform at they're best. If I need to do mod anyway, why not do it on this cheep version :oops:

I've noticed one thing. Look at the two diodes at the power inlet. They're raised up from the PCB board. There are a couple of resistor that are mounted the same way. Is this doe to sloppy mounting, or are they mounted that way on purpose to hook up metering?
zzzapfizz

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby Dirk_Hendrik » 02 Nov 2012, 18:43

Quite sone years ago I had a fried Boss phaser staying over. Among other things even the FET's were very dead. Takes quite some effort to achieve that.

Anyway, that was my first adventure into FET matching and therefoer I breadboarded a quuick FET matcher setup.

First FET in: Reading.
Next: Same reading
next: some mV different
Next, initial reading again
This went on for quite some FET's and I started to doubt my FET matcher. So I took te junk bin and started testing random FET's. All different readings. Back to the originally tested ones which all measured exactly the same again. What the originals did have in common though is that they all came from the same batch/production run.

Which made me conclude that apparently these manufacturers have their process in control so tightly that spec-deviations in a batch are minimal. Therefore I highly doubt that soldering matched FET's in this Joyo will offer any improvement since what's in it is matched already. Therefore save yourself the energy.

my 2 cents
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

For this message the author Dirk_Hendrik has received thanks:
rocklander (02 Nov 2012, 21:21)
Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 985 times

Joyo Vintag Phase JC-06 R28 mod?

Postby gaskocher » 28 Jun 2013, 19:36

Hi guys,

I got the Harley Benton Vinage Phase (Joyo JC-06) and I was trying to do the R28 mod to get rid of the distortion this pedal produces while engaged.
Could't find the resistor (24k) on the PCB and maybe someone alread did the mod to his pedal.

Thanks for your reply!
gaskocher

Have thanks: 1 time

Joyo Vintage Phase r28 mod?

Postby Nacho5 » 20 Dec 2013, 20:00

Hi guys, i want to mod my joyo vintage phase like a mxr phase 90 but i can't find the resistor that i have to conect to a spst toggle. I search the schematic but i don't succed.

Can you help me?Thanks
Nacho5

Have thanks: 4 times

Return to Modern Stompbox Effects (1975 - ...)