Joyo - JF-06 Vintage Phase  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
zzzapfizz
Information

Post by zzzapfizz »

Couldn't find any post on the JF-06 MXR Phase 90 clone so here you go.
Wonder if the 2N5952 transistors are matched :roll:

guycapuano
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by guycapuano »

They kind of would have to be matched for it to work out properly.

zzzapfizz
Information

Post by zzzapfizz »

guycapuano wrote:They kind of would have to be matched for it to work out properly.
Thanks. Do you think it will i perform smother with closer tolerance? Some seems to think so, but I've not been able to find any examples.
I bought this pedal after realizing that all of the MPX versions needed some tweeks to make them perform at they're best. If I need to do mod anyway, why not do it on this cheep version :oops:

I've noticed one thing. Look at the two diodes at the power inlet. They're raised up from the PCB board. There are a couple of resistor that are mounted the same way. Is this doe to sloppy mounting, or are they mounted that way on purpose to hook up metering?

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Quite sone years ago I had a fried Boss phaser staying over. Among other things even the FET's were very dead. Takes quite some effort to achieve that.

Anyway, that was my first adventure into FET matching and therefoer I breadboarded a quuick FET matcher setup.

First FET in: Reading.
Next: Same reading
next: some mV different
Next, initial reading again
This went on for quite some FET's and I started to doubt my FET matcher. So I took te junk bin and started testing random FET's. All different readings. Back to the originally tested ones which all measured exactly the same again. What the originals did have in common though is that they all came from the same batch/production run.

Which made me conclude that apparently these manufacturers have their process in control so tightly that spec-deviations in a batch are minimal. Therefore I highly doubt that soldering matched FET's in this Joyo will offer any improvement since what's in it is matched already. Therefore save yourself the energy.

my 2 cents
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

gaskocher
Information

Post by gaskocher »

Hi guys,

I got the Harley Benton Vinage Phase (Joyo JC-06) and I was trying to do the R28 mod to get rid of the distortion this pedal produces while engaged.
Could't find the resistor (24k) on the PCB and maybe someone alread did the mod to his pedal.

Thanks for your reply!

Nacho5
Information

Post by Nacho5 »

Hi guys, i want to mod my joyo vintage phase like a mxr phase 90 but i can't find the resistor that i have to conect to a spst toggle. I search the schematic but i don't succed.

Can you help me?Thanks