EHX - Wiggler  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

I am looking for EH -Wiggler schematic.....somebody please???
EHX Tube Wiggler schematic
EHX Tube Wiggler schematic

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

Hey - I looked, but it is missing from my archive too :wink:
Anyone besides that poor sad fool puretube who lurks here got it.
if so PM me too.
Cheers
bajaman
be kind to all animals - especially human beings

uncleboko
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by uncleboko »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

maby if we get to the puretube's good side.......he would post us schem??? :thumbsup
do not be so hard on him.........
:block:

p.s.
and it is nice to have some company here......hi Steve and hi uncleboko :hug:

Rodgre
Information

Post by Rodgre »

bajaman wrote:Hey - I looked, but it is missing from my archive too :wink:
Anyone besides that poor sad fool puretube who lurks here got it.
if so PM me too.
Cheers
bajaman
No offense, and pardon me if you were just being ironic (you know how hard it is to tell the tone in people's posts), but didn't that poor sad fool design the thing?

We have a Wiggler at the studio and it's quite a fun beast. At extreme settings, it can get a little "thumpy" but there is a wide range of great warbly vibratos and round, "brown face" style tremolos in that box. I think it's a real sleeper for modulation maniacs.

Roger

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

maby if we get to the puretube's good side.......he would post us schem???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
good side?????????????
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.... yes Roger, i was being ironic :roll:

i seriously doubt whether Poorboob would even give you the shit off his shoes - it would be his intellectual property and it would hurt him so much to give that away, even though he spends all his time on many forums hoping to find tasty tidbits of information to allow him to "design" his next pedal creation ( which you can be sure he will not share here :roll: :roll: )
Poorfool - still trying to make jfets sound like triodes :slap: :slap: :slap:
bajaman
be kind to all animals - especially human beings

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

Hi Baja......I like your sense of humor :thumbsup
i seriously doubt whether Poorboob would even give you the shit off his shoes
....I don't need him to give me that sh.t .... it would be nice if He just let me [smilie=a_dreaming.gif] smell It :)
.....or if he'd put it on the stick aaand.... [smilie=poke.gif]

:blackeye it would be nice if somebody could make triodes sound like fets!!! :scratch:

could this be interesting (phaser) build???......http://www.effectrode.com/website/phase ... arkIII.gif

p.s.
Hey Rodgre could you provide some photo's of the wiggler interior :?:

nelson
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by nelson »

The guy did design this effect and whatever you think about his attitude to intellectual property he has put *alot* of work into his effects. They are not just standard cookie cutter designs. You have to be a bit original and develop some skill and creativity to be in Mike Matthew' employ imo. I probably shouldn't be defending him. However, I do feel that the posts in this thread are way ott. I enjoy the freedom of information as much as the next guy but it is well within the rights of an individual to protect his ideas or even his mix of other peoples ideas as much as the law allows. I don't agree with all the tactics of Ton but he is a guy who stands up for what he believes in and protects what he thinks is his - I kind of respect that.

I think we should rise above the childish insults and give people the modicum of respect they deserve, after all there is no need for it. Even if we are on opposite sides of the fence when it comes to IP, I am sure you would protect what you saw as your source of income as much as Ton - if not, that would make you the phool. Besides, there is no need to antagonise the man, he is obviously fighting a losing battle - you are just rubbing salt in the wound. Show a little class.

Now, where are the gutshots of the wiggler?

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

We should not be talking about enything BUT wigg.schem............

I don't know mister Puretube, I admire his work,and that is only reason why this thread is started...........!!!YES??!! :thumbsup ............

AND........
Now, where are the gutshots of the wiggler?
or can You tell us .....is Wiggler foto/optical based ? are there IC-s inside(ofcourse there are)..........how meny ldr-s are there......... :secret: .....come on puretube...please :oops:

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

look at this...can be converted to tubes........

it is good think to start...https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437 ... y2-385.jpg
modzky2-385.jpeg
modzky2-385.jpeg (40.97 KiB) Viewed 2034 times

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

Man ...if you have Wiggler,and You are reading this,and you don't want to post simple gut shots of wiggler's inside.......then.........WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS FORUM!!???

or am I wrong :?: :scratch:

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

ok...last thing I know...."monkey" from Brazil had wigller schem........
......and donkey from Serbia is talking with himself [smilie=a_cry.gif] ......
nevermind, [smilie=gator.gif] .........have a nice daygllergator!!! You diy maniacs.....oh no no ...I am talking with myselve again :slap:

PmCimini
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by PmCimini »

UP! =)

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

I made mistake ...apologize to Marcos if he found that offensive......it was not ment to be...... :( :oops: .

...I contacted him,and he dont have Wiggler schematic....or gutshots............

so please people...somebody must have some info ...or unit to take gutshots?
...once again we are at FREESTOMPBOXES.....!!!

so let's free this one also!

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

Maybe soon, Boris! I am keeping my fingers crossed.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

Maybe soon, Boris! I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I am keeping my eyes open 8) ( sed the blind man)......... :D

Don't know why I did not read some review before.........on video demo you can hear lfo thumping(that man says it is good for techno users :slap: )

in secound demo,you can hear nise gate in action to hide hum......

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... ggler/10/1

They all agree it is great sounding fx,but with some issues........
Sound Quality : 6
Great and bad at the same time. The quality of the sounds are amazing
BUT there can be a steady thumping pulse that is incredibling annoying and if your a studio cat unusable. I think it is coming from the Led since the thumps change at the same rate as the led and not the effect. I use a Peavey Classic 50 and on low volumes it is hard to hear but turn up a tad and thump thump thump. A 10 for effect sounds a 2 for this pain of a thump thing.

Reliability : 5
there was a part off inside a nut off someting when I got it and the Thump thing which could be a design thing from the Led.

Customer Support : 1
There is not even a support section to their web site
shows they don't care at all about buyer satisfaction!!!!

we are going to FREE it ....and then FIX it.......... :thumbsup

boris

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

Here it is, the long-awaited Wiggler schematic:

Traced from this unit by me.

Some more gutshots can be seen here (big pics):
DSC01164.JPG
DSC01165.JPG
DSC01166.JPG
DSC01167.JPG
DSC01168.JPG
It was an easy trace; the folks at Electro-Harmonix were kind enough to provide copious amounts of information silkscreened on the circuit board.
Overall, the construction seems to be of reasonable quality - at least, better than what I've seen in alot of old E-H pedals. My only complaint is the location of the tubes; I think they are much too close to the footswitch - it's way too easy to step on them, and the metal piece that is supposed to guard the tubes is too weak to really protect them. I purchased this unit second-hand off evilBay, and the guard was bent and damaged from being stepped on.
Anyway, it's an interesting circuit. I can respect the ingenuity of the designer. Too bad he doesn't like us discussing his circuits, because there are some cool things we can learn from them.

Why is it that the most original circuit I've traced so far has been an E-H pedal and not a goop-covered "boutique" pedal?
That makes you think... :hmmm:
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

Yes man! you are getting thigs done!......
great job :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
can not wait to see your opinion on how this baby sounds....... :thumbsup

Thank You Martin

boris

oneleg
Information

Post by oneleg »

COOL MEN,COOL THING :thumbsup

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

I want to separate lfo section and power suply from audio path?

If somebody could comment.....

thanks

boris