EHX - Wiggler  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
kreeper_6
Information

Post by kreeper_6 »

O.K.

So how do I remove the tubes from this circuit?

devastator
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by devastator »

take off the black stuff (with screwdrive) , then you pull the tubes , softly , doing a litle movement form right to left. They come easily.

Anyway, I had to fix mine again. The wire of the weird dc jack was broken. I have , also, to put new led holder .

Why EHX stuff are so crappy ? :lol: :lol:

monkmiles
Information

Post by monkmiles »

Bumping an old thread. But anyone else try this mod to the rate knob to make it more usable? It's very sensitive and gets too fast in my opinion.
station wrote: Oh, and one improvement that I made (besides dropping the whole pedal in acid to etch the finish off :lol: ) was to to put a 100 ohm resistor between legs 1 and 2 of the rate knob. Made the usable range go from 8 o'clock to 3 instead of 8 - 10 or 11. A very easy mod that makes this pedal way more enjoyable to play.

devastator
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by devastator »

changing the pot is the best option . I can try putting in // or serie a resistor but I gonna play also on the curve.

Mine was a real nightmare to set because of this pot and when I watched the "pulsar" vids that was the same kind of issues with its rate control (why EHX always does that ? )

Fredenando
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Fredenando »

Here are a schematics for the Rev B version:

https://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6520/ ... icrevb.pdf

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

Thank you very much..........where did you get this schem? it was missing from that EH files.... :thumbsup :hug:

Boris

Fredenando
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Fredenando »

Hello Boris, here is where I have found it:
http://music-electronics-forum.com/t16589/

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

Thanks for info!

:thumbsup

Boris

kreeper_6
Information

Post by kreeper_6 »

devastator wrote:take off the black stuff (with screwdrive) , then you pull the tubes , softly , doing a litle movement form right to left. They come easily.

Anyway, I had to fix mine again. The wire of the weird dc jack was broken. I have , also, to put new led holder .

Why EHX stuff are so crappy ? :lol: :lol:
Haha, Nah I meant literally taking the Valves and transformer out of the circuit/schematic altogether.

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

you have mqany articles about that ....mostly simulating tube preamps with FET-s ....but why do that? point of this thread is to make TUBE Wiggler :block:

cheers

Boris

clintrubber
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by clintrubber »

FWIW, inside pic of the related/almost identical Nady TTV-2 added to this thread:

https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic ... dy#p172566

clintrubber
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by clintrubber »

Fredenando wrote:Here are a schematics for the Rev B version:

https://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6520/ ... icrevb.pdf
Anybody still has this file somewhere ? Seems to be gone from imageshack after all those years.

Thanks!

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

I re-attached the schematic to the first post of the thread.

I did found Puretube recently necro-trolling (!) only to hear the schematics are shared by New Sensor these days...
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

I re-attached the schematic to the first post of the thread.

I did found Puretube recently necro-trolling (!) only to hear the schematics are shared by New Sensor these days...
https://music-electronics-forum.com/for ... schematics
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal