Boss - CEB-3 Bass Chorus  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
apollomusicservice
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by apollomusicservice »

Boss CEB-3 schematic
Attachments
CEB-3.jpg

J-fish
Information

Post by J-fish »

Thank you very, veru much!! I had been searching for this circuit for some months..!! :applause:
Please could you please help me understanding just a couple of things in this schematic? I'm just a noob who is trying to understand what I have and how to properly set the gear I have.
Is it right that the "lowfilter" potentiometer just cuts some bass if set anti-clockwise, and it leaves the chorused signal completely unaltered if set fully clockwise...? Also, it comes after the chorus section and not before, doesn't it?

Then, another important question for me...How can I have a 50/50 blend of the dry, uneffected signal with the chorused signal? If I remember correctly, the older Boss CE-2 had two identical 50kohm resistors just before the mixing opamp for this puropose, while this pedal has two different resistors in the dry path versus the chorused path (27kohm versus 15kohm resistors in the schematic), plus the 250kohm potentiometer, the "E. Level" knob, in the chorused path. How does this part work...?

Hope that was clear enough, please excuse me for my English...
Thank you again!!

J-fish
Information

Post by J-fish »

apollomusicservice wrote:Boss CEB-3 schematic