Danelectro - CO-1 - Cool Cat Drive  [schematic]

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
Pedalpusher
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Pedalpusher »

I've been tracing the circuit up to the input of the second opamp and looks to be wired just like the OCD. That is the clipping diodes are wired the same as The OCD's. They are not transistors wired as diodes though. More to come.

Pedalpusher
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Pedalpusher »

If the MarkM schematic is accurate then the CC Drive is based on the OCD and laid out the same way. FB loops, diode clipping, tone and volume, it's all the same. I haven't figured out all the values yet though.

wader2k
Information

Post by wader2k »

and it just gets deeper......

8^)

Cow4prez
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Cow4prez »

can you post gut shots?

Pedalpusher
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Pedalpusher »

There's some in the Transparent OD thread.

Cow4prez
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Cow4prez »

Pedalpusher wrote:There's some in the Transparent OD thread.
Not trying to complain too much, but can mods help with this. Really hard to follow threads when we have multiple things going on.

Pedalpusher
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Pedalpusher »

That's why I started a new thread. I hope to get some high res pics before the weekend.

Torchy
Information

Post by Torchy »

The OCD is a VLOD with mosfet clippers. So if a "Drive" is an OCD without the mosfets its just a VLOD.
Innit ?

Maybe all the horseshit being flung around here is confusing me.

Pedalpusher
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Pedalpusher »

Analogguru said in another thread..."Save your time, when you want to do it like fuller did.....
That´s not mos-fet-clipping, that´s normal diode clipping even with mosfets
The inside-protection diodes are not mosfet-diodes, they are normal and will conduct long before the mosfets will conduct."

Torchy
Information

Post by Torchy »

Pedalpusher wrote:Analogguru said in another thread..."Save your time, when you want to do it like fuller did.....
That´s not mos-fet-clipping, that´s normal diode clipping even with mosfets
The inside-protection diodes are not mosfet-diodes, they are normal and will conduct long before the mosfets will conduct."
So fucking what ? AGs opinion is irrelevant to the thread you started. YOU have made a serious allegation of commercial copyright infringement ...
If the MarkM schematic is accurate then the CC Drive is based on the OCD and laid out the same way. FB loops, diode clipping, tone and volume, it's all the same. I haven't figured out all the values yet though.
Given that the OCD is a tweaked VLOD with mosfets as clippers (and that is a FACT, Fuller admitted as much), if you build it without mosfets its just a tweaked VLOD. Of course that doesnt help anyone jump on the bandwagon to nail the evil builders for cloning. And BTW Stratotastros OCD schematic is correct for the OCD Rev 4 that I had.

snyder80
Information

Post by snyder80 »

the dano values are a mixture those of a ocd v1 ( according to tuemmuhs schematic incl. all the version changings) and a voodoo labs OD/ sparkle drive.

Here is some sort of schematic i quickly made / changed. Diodes are unknown, OPAMP is TL07 cp SMD.
Attachments
Fulltone OCD rev.1-3 tuemmueh SCHEM and DANO - Kopie.gif

TubeDude22
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by TubeDude22 »

Good detective work, Snyder80. :applause:

snyder80
Information

Post by snyder80 »

according to the values of the output "buffer" with a 470k from V+ to the transistor and 47k from transistor to ground, maybe its more some sort of booster like a lpb -1/-2.
Also the pedal can get sooooo loud, your amp will go to "21". thats +10 more than "just 11"...

Pedalpusher
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Pedalpusher »

Torchy wrote:
So fucking what ? AGs opinion is irrelevant to the thread you started. YOU have made a serious allegation of commercial copyright infringement ...
I said it was OCD-ish since I hadn't completely dissected it. Like I'm the first one that's made a "serious allegation of commercial copyright infringement." What I said was true. That it's at least similar to the OCD. That's what OCD-ish means in case You're having trouble figuring that out.

DougH
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by DougH »

Pedalpusher wrote: FB loops, diode clipping, tone and volume, it's all the same. I haven't figured out all the values yet though.
Let's see... You just described about 99% of all the op amp based overdrives out there. Don't see where this is particularly "OCD-ish" or "Anything-in-particular-ish" based on this info.
"You have just tubescreamered or fuzzfaced yourself " -polarbearfx

Pedalpusher
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Pedalpusher »

Well go ahead and delete the fucking thread if You're having so much trouble with it. I wasn't saying it had all those. I said they were wired the same way. A TS doesn't have the clipping diodes wired the same way as the OCD. Damn! You guys have been doing this shit since this forum started and I mention the OCD and You shit Your pants. Delete the thread. Better yet delete the forum.

DougH
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by DougH »

Here's a suggestion: When you start a thread about what you think something is- back it up with photos. If you don't have the photos yet, wait until you do until you start a thread. Don't post speculation as it just spreads misinformation.

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

I don't think it was spreading misinformation, I think some people should maybe chill out a bit. Pedalpusher was simply giving his initial thoughts and by the looks of the drawing by snyder80 it would appear that his hunch was fairly accurate.
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

Uma Floresta
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Uma Floresta »

Way too much drama. TGP is that way. ->

:mrgreen:

DougH
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by DougH »

"Spreading misinformation" was a strong term, I apologize for that. "Inaccuracy" is more accurate. :mrgreen: