Ibanez FL-9 or Ibanez FLL (1985)??

All about modern commercial stompbox circuits from Electro Harmonix over MXR, Boss and Ibanez into the nineties.
jalexquijano
Information

Post by jalexquijano »

I own an Ibanez FLL Flanger and was wondering if it is analog or not? I really like the look of the FL-9 but if it produces the same analog tone and sound, i dont think its worth on buying a reissue.

Please advice.

lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

It's an analog flanger... The rest is unknown to me I'm afraid. Dirk Hendrik is the very one for this question...
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Analog indeed. MN3102 + MN3207 chip combo. As far as I'm aware a full FL9 clone.

essentially from this era (halfway eighties) there's very few digital flangers around as the MN3x0x chips were too easy to obtain. The ones that are digital usually say so.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

jalexquijano
Information

Post by jalexquijano »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Analog indeed. MN3102 + MN3207 chip combo. As far as I'm aware a full FL9 clone.

essentially from this era (halfway eighties) there's very few digital flangers around as the MN3x0x chips were too easy to obtain. The ones that are digital usually say so.
So should i settle with this Ibanez FLL Flanger due to the fact that it produces the same tone and sound as an original 1982 Ibanez FL-9?

Please advise, I would not like to waste money on an original 1982 or 1983 Ibanez FL-9 if i will get the same sound and tone results, just because of the yellow classic looks.

ilcaccillo
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by ilcaccillo »

jalexquijano wrote:
Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Analog indeed. MN3102 + MN3207 chip combo. As far as I'm aware a full FL9 clone.

So should i settle with this Ibanez FLL Flanger due to the fact that it produces the same tone and sound as an original 1982 Ibanez FL-9?

Please advise, I would not like to waste money on an original 1982 or 1983 Ibanez FL-9 if i will get the same sound and tone results, just because of the yellow classic looks.
Ibanez FL-9, Ibanez FLL and Ibanez SF10 have all exactly the same circuit

Ibanez FL5 (soundtank) is the same circuit but with the Delay Adjustment circuit omitted. Also in a cheap plastic case