Rat mosfet mod

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
thom
Information

Post by thom »

I found some scematics for a mod that lets you switch the clipping section between either leds, the original diodes, or a pair of mosfets. If I understand correctly that is.

Anywayz, I'm not 100% where the clipping diodes are located on the pcb.

The guts of my rat look similar to this:

The pic is from a Ruetz mod guide thingy. As you can see in the next pic, which is a gut shot from my own rat, I've cut both R6 and R7. Connected them to toggle switches. As you also may notice, the inards aren't identical. For one, there's a pair of diodes covered with the drop of hotglue that keeps the statud led in place. They're D2 and D3, and I was hoping they're not the ones I need to cut fot the mosfet/led switch install.

I hardly ever use my rat, so it seemed like a perfect victim for some hacking and experimenting. If I need to remove the hotglue somehow, I'm not sure I'm goung through with it though. Seems riksky, might be an efficient way to completely kill the pedal... :?

doctord02
Information

Post by doctord02 »

Pretty sure those are indeed the diodes you need to get at...