my cheap ibanez ZF5 fuzz in a 850 or OD 9 ?

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
pixedelisme
Information

Post by pixedelisme »

Hi !
i bought an ibanez ZF5 for cheap and change the micro switch
now i would like to transform this model in a 850 or a OD 9, i used to play in france with this 2 models and there were amazing !!
i didnt' find information on the web so perhaps somebody know the list of composants i have to change ?

jerome

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

The Ibanes ZF5 does not exist. The tastes are FZ5 and SF5 which are the same pedal with different cosmetics of the battery cover.
OD850 and OD9 are one and the same pedal as well ectronically. In essence a Big Muff clone.
OD850 schem can be found online within seconds.
http://www.tonehome.de/mediapool/82/827 ... matics.jpg (Thanks Wolfgang)
The FZ5/SF5 schem is online too but it's a piece of shite showing only the effects electronics. (I could have sworn I made a better version but seem unake to find it). However, that piece is correct.
And then it's a matter of changing the components and some connections that differ. It's not just changing componets. You'll have to change the circuit al little.

Out of memory. It's been some 2 yrs back since I've last performed this mod the last time.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

pixedelisme
Information

Post by pixedelisme »

thank for your answer, yes its the FZ5 on the pedal but SF5 printed on the circuit board.
i use to play with the od 850 third version and the OD 9 a long time when i was in france and for me they have not the same sound, the 850 is sound more "mettalic" and have less distortion than the OD 9. but i saw in a website about big muff that they have the same circuit with the SF5. but perhaps it's too difficult for a beginner and i don't know how to "read" the schematic...

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

pixedelisme wrote:thank for your answer, yes its the FZ5 on the pedal but SF5 printed on the circuit board.
i use to play with the od 850 third version and the OD 9 a long time when i was in france and for me they have not the same sound, the 850 is sound more "mettalic" and have less distortion than the OD 9. but i saw in a website about big muff that they have the same circuit with the SF5. but perhaps it's too difficult for a beginner and i don't know how to "read" the schematic...
They're still the same ;-) Component tolerance and ageing easily helps in sonic differences.
As for reading schematics, this is your chance.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

pixedelisme
Information

Post by pixedelisme »

thank you, i think i will try some little changes