EH NANO Screaming bird. Need help, please.

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
pastapal
Information

Post by pastapal »

cheers, all.
first off, i'd like to thank you all for the diy inspiration to get me involved in building/modding guitar pedal circuits. just reading about some of the projects everyone has been working on had really gotten me excited about trying it myself. and with a few small projects of success, i, unfortunately was bound to run into a snag. and so, i come to my roots for help.

i was attempting the mod in this video to Calm down the eh nano screaming bird a family member was kind enough to purchase for me.(my father had a screaming tree when i was a child, first pedal i ever played through, so really cool to get ahold of the circuit again.)

i desoldered one of the caps, replaced it with a .01uf cap, only to be rewarded with zero sound when pedal is engaged. makes me wonder if i possibly blended a solder point? i can send a gutshot tomorrow if that would help. open to all opinions, or options. thank you very much for your time.

CHEEZOR
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by CHEEZOR »

Gut shots are almost always helpful for these types of issues. Sounds like you may of not gotten a good connection on both sides of the cap. Hard to say without any pics or more info though.

pastapal
Information

Post by pastapal »

Guts as promised

Back off of pedal, that board is fun to get out of the enclosure...
This is most likely our problem area
Back side of the problem area.

CHEEZOR
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by CHEEZOR »

Do you have a multimeter?

pastapal
Information

Post by pastapal »

I do but it's not currently with me. What would you like me to check? I can get ahold of it and get back to you if that's alright?