Help with Belcat OVD 302 bass mod

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
Meddled
Information

Post by Meddled »

Hello all

I've recently been looking into modding my cheap Belcat OVD 302 overdrive pedal to make it more bass friendly. I've been using Tube Screamer mods as a rough guide as it seems the Belcat is a really budget TS808 clone (though nothing seems to be set in stone). It seems Joyo have overtaken Belcat as the cheapo pedal of choice (I own a few), but I would like to make my Belcat more usable with my bass.

I've attached three images;

Hopefully from the three the more expert amongst you will be able to make out what is going on. As the knobs are transposed it isn't a straight TS clone. I'm thinking C2 on the left hand side might be a candidate as the original HPF cap in the TS is apparently 51pF, and the small smd cap at C2 on the Belcat is also the only capacitor of its kind on the circuit (compared to lots of identical caps). The bad news is I would have to then solder a 1.0uF (or a pair?!? in parallel) over that small smd mount pad.

I can make out the resistor values of the smd components, so please don't hesitate to ask if it helps. Thanks in advance.