Danelectro - Surf & Turf: Keeley Compressor Mod

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
Sva99.rev1
Information
Completed builds: Ibanez TS7toTS808 + 1.0uF Tant Bass MOD, Joyo Voodoo Octave Cap Mod, Danelectro Keeley Mod, Boss FZ-3 Fuzz.. Master Mod, Kustom Defender 5H + Tone Stack and Gain

Post by Sva99.rev1 »

Hi All.
I recently discovered that the schematic for the Danelectro Surf & Turf Compressor can be modified to the Keeley Compressor(either 2 or 4 knob).
If you look at the schematics you can see that they are similar, in that the major differences lie in the clipping, trim, and attack. The sustain which is termed 'sensitivity' in the Danelectro just needs to be rewired. A couple other components need to be removed and voila!
Danelectro Surf & Turf Schem.jpg
Keeley 4 Knob.jpg
Keeley 4-Knob Compressor.png
Keeley 4-Knob Compressor - no trimmer.png
I will add the mod schematic in a day or two.

Sva99.rev1
Information
Completed builds: Ibanez TS7toTS808 + 1.0uF Tant Bass MOD, Joyo Voodoo Octave Cap Mod, Danelectro Keeley Mod, Boss FZ-3 Fuzz.. Master Mod, Kustom Defender 5H + Tone Stack and Gain

Post by Sva99.rev1 »

K. I got bored tonight and decided to draw up the mod. Here it is.
Danelectro Surf & Turf Mod Schem.jpg
If anyone is into vintage tube compression leave me a post. I am currently working on a project reverse engineering transistor compressors to tube compressors.

FBUCHET
Information

Post by FBUCHET »

I modified my dano surf & turf following your schematics
Very nice sounding
Thank you very much
Frederic

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Nice work!
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

CHEEZOR
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by CHEEZOR »

Awesome work! Thanks! I would hit the "Thanks" button, but its not showing up in here. :scratch:

Jotun1982
Information

Post by Jotun1982 »

hello all I'm a beginner at mods and I am not great at reading schematics quite yet
Any way someone could possibly post a dumbed down pic or diagram "remove this solder this here" kind of pic
thanks for the help
Marshall

jaydaddy1
Information

Post by jaydaddy1 »

Hate to resurrect an old post but has anyone else had success with this mod? Also would be looking for a better diagram and a tad more detail.