Washburn Accelerator Series EPC Pedalboard

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
jpistolas
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie DC-5

Post by jpistolas »

Recently picked up a VERY used Washburn pedalboard for $10. Power supply works great and the former bypass switch is now wired for an amp channel/reverb type switch. Just curious if anyone else has owned one and could give some insight on it. I can find absolutely NO information aside of a few pix from one that was for sale on reverb.com some time ago. I'm guessing this is a long forgotten relic of the 90's. The previous owner added several extra jacks which I've removed as nearly all had some very poor solder joints. The board was also drilled to mount the pedals with what I call chainsaw links (look like figure 8's) that screw to the pedals bottom screws & then to the board.

Being such a cheap find (still has the case) it's screaming for some big pimpin'.

jpistolas
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie DC-5

Post by jpistolas »

Appreciate the thanks modman. Honeslty, I was hoping for some suggestions. It's been on in the "corner" since I got it. Been too busy to start on it. but any ideas & suggestions for it would be appreciated. All I've done is add wingnuts to help routing cables under the board. Next I plan to add a switchable buffer for both pre-drilled jacks. Leaning on the Klon dual buffer layout I found. I also want to replace the 9v power lines with jacks to neaten things up. Plus, I would love to use the existing switch to behave as a TB loop to completely remove the board all together. Anyone have any ideas on how to replace the existing switch with a 3pdt?

II've done much research on this board and aside of ones for sale it seems as though it never existed. Next to zero information online about it. As though it didn't exist. : :shock:

BTW: My post here seems to come up 1st in a Google search which tells me most of the internet guitar community has no idea it existed. Sure wish it would accomidate my huge Bad Horsie wah. Still having t use a seperate pedaltrain dirt board but I wanted to use the Washburn as my FX loop board.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. For that matter I'd love to see some other posters that actually own one of these. Since there's a complete and utter lack of info online some tips from any owners would be great!