BBE Green Screamer Mod

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
lynyrd
Information

Post by lynyrd »

Okay so first, I am completely new to pedal modding. By new, I mean I just started looking into it like 3 days ago due to purchasing a TS-7 off of ebay that didn't quite meet my expectations. So I am sending it off to Analogman soon to get the TS808 mod to it. Right now, I have an EHX Soul Food, the aforementioned TS-7, and a Big Muff Pi with tone wicker as my OD/Distortion pedals. I recently purchased an older (not the airplane one) BBE Green Screamer for cheap. I would like for the Green Screamer to be modded to have a different role than the TS-7 because I basically have two TS Clones. I use the Soul food with the Gain and Treble at around the 2-3 o'clock point so a pretty strong OD, and I plan to use the TS-7 for a little more like a clean boost with a little bite. And I think the Big Muff is obvious. I use it to fuzz the crap out.

So, what could I do to the Green Screamer to give it a distinct role that isn't already taken by the others? I've heard that replacing the stock chip with the TI RC4558P makes a great difference but I don't know if that is going to make it sound too similar to the TS-7. Any ideas are welcome. I would like to learn and do the modding myself but if there is a great mod out there that is going to be too difficult, I can definitely send it in.

So, what do you guys think?

alexradium
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alexradium »

changing opamp won't give you anything,try substituting/adding different diodes/leds/mosfets on the original place,that will give you much more options.
There is an article by Wampler on Premier guitar to do some mods.