EPIPHONE Distortion

A forum devoted to mod, tips and suggestions for upgrading and rehousing your VERY CHEAP commercial stompbox to near boutique excellence.
wearethemods
Information

Post by wearethemods »

hello,
i just came across this new (?) distortion pedal by Epiphone.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_disto ... 6cac9bc48d

it's a steal for 20 euros. it sounds pretty good, kinda rat-ish or like a very compressed ds-1. the tone control works normal, not like the filter on the rat.
i tried to do some gutshots, but it is too packed inside to get some proper shots, but no smd!
the ic is a lm358p and it works with a 3pdt switch, definitely tb!

you should check it out.

cheers,
benny

wearethemods
Information

Post by wearethemods »

thehoop
Information

Post by thehoop »

Hey I just picked one up in Canada for $20. I've played it a bit and am thinking about modding it. When I opened it up and took off the back panel I realized that the board wouldn't lift out like a distortion + it also looks like someone at the factory glued it into place (weird). So dismanteling it means taking off all the top rings and lifting off the top of the enclosure.

It's a cool pedal and I like the enclosure size. If you've been inside, do you know if the pots are 'real' and what kind of mods I can do. The tonestack sounds like crap on mine once you get past about '3. I'm thinking a capcitor to ground might take some of the tinny sound off but did you swap out diods? Or upgrade your IC? What's worth leaving in?