Couple of Sweet Deals!!!

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:SAD1024's are always good fun for their obsolesence vs the large use and are wanted. They used to be available through smallbear till some smartass decided to base an ADA flanger project on em a few years back. After that asking prices went through the roof. I made a pretty good deal on quite a few of em some years back and still have some left which helped me do do quite some repairs at an affordable price.
I dont understand. In one sentence, you admonish "someone" for cloning a circuit using the SAD1024 and running the price up.... then, in the next sentence you praise the same person because you were able to profit from repairs using the same chip. :scratch:

BTW... are either you or mictester interested in the pedal that is for sale here? Make me an offer :applause:

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Govmnt_Lacky wrote: I dont understand. In one sentence, you admonish "someone" for cloning a circuit using the SAD1024 and running the price up.... then, in the next sentence you praise the same person because you were able to profit from repairs using the same chip. :scratch:
Where did I praise the same person? :hmmm:

When doing a project like an ADA flanger clone you're practically doing a newbuild. In such a case you could consider doing a redesign too to be able to build from parts that are widely available instead of scarce. Even if there is some stock left of the real part you could consider leaving that alone so it can be used for devices that need the real part to be resurrected or for those DIY-ers doing a one-off. You may have noticed quite a lot of Steve Daniels store is set up pretty much to supply to the DIY-er.
After Smallbears SAD stock was depleted in weeks by that ADA flanger project suddenly a redesign to the MN3007 was possible.

If I take an average (or "took" over the last couple of years) of average prices paid for SAD1024's and would charge that for the part in a repair I would not have gotten the job and the pedal would probably have ended up in a trashcan. But, as said, I made a good deal a few years back so I am able to do those repairs at a realistic and affordable price. It's just that I'm not going to help out with being supply for newbuilds.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Still want to get rid of the Echoflanger clone.

Still entertaining offers... ANY offers :applause:

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Govmnt_Lacky wrote:Still want to get rid of the Echoflanger clone.

Still entertaining offers... ANY offers :applause:
Got this back up on eBay...

If anyone wants to make an offer, feel free and I will pull it down (as long as there are no bids of course :applause: )

https://www.ebay.com/itm/261185173271?s ... 1555.l2649

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Less than 24 hours to those who are interested...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/261189522907?s ... 1555.l2649