Couple of Sweet Deals!!!

Posts on strange stompboxes on ebay, old amps from a garage sale, new boutique businesses, great deals, all these topics go in here.
Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Trying to raise some cash for a home project. These are fixed price Ebay sales and I am not looking to pull them down for a lower price. These are the ROCK BOTTOM prices and I am really only making a teeny tiny profit so please do not PM me and ask to sell them for less.

Some of you may have seen these already.

EHX Echoflanger clone with dual SAD1024s :shock:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/261144863976?s ... 633wt_1172

XP ALL (100, 200, 300, 400) build (No power down necessary to switch modes) :horsey:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/261144865509?s ... 108wt_1172

Shipping will be as advertised in the Ebay listing.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

a) Those chips don't sell for a 100 dollars. They're often listed for a price that is somewhat heading that way.
b) I'll give you a better deal on a XP with all firmware versions.

but nevertheless all the best with selling these. :)
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:a) Those chips don't sell for a 100 dollars. They're often listed for a price that is somewhat heading that way.
Uhhh. So essentially you are saying that they are LISTED for less... but eventually SELL for around $100 :scratch:
b) I'll give you a better deal on a XP with all firmware versions.
If you can offer a BETTER deal on a pedal... after procuring one to mod ($$), paying for the upgrade parts($$), and putting in the effort to mod it ($$=TIME) for LESS than that.... I believe you are short changing what your time is worth my friend :hug:
but nevertheless all the best with selling these. :)
Thanks!! Hope they sell!

Dr Tony Balls
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Sunn Model T

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Govmnt_Lacky wrote:
Dirk_Hendrik wrote:a) Those chips don't sell for a 100 dollars. They're often listed for a price that is somewhat heading that way.
Uhhh. So essentially you are saying that they are LISTED for less... but eventually SELL for around $100 :scratch:

Nah he's saying they are listed for $100 but dont sell for prices that high. He's correct, but it may not matter. Looking at completed ebay listings right now theres one that sold for $90, three in the $75-80 range, one for $60, and two for $50. So deal with that how you will.

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Ok. I'll give you that then.

Still... Going by the averages of your reports, that still accounts for $140 of the price I am asking. I think that is MORE than a good deal.

Hey... At least I am not asking booteek prices! :shock:

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Less than 24 hours on the Echoflanger :shock:

phibes
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: HIWATT motherfucker!

Post by phibes »

Original Echoflangers usually go cheaper than what your listing.

There's a Hollywood in Maryland? :shock:
GuitarlCarl - "TGP = The Gear Polishers"

Image Ken

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

phibes wrote:Original Echoflangers usually go cheaper than what your listing.

There's a Hollywood in Maryland? :shock:
It's funny you say that because I have been watching the for a while and I had never seen them listed for less than $350 :shock:

I decided to list mine for what I am asking and then, just a few days later,someone listed an original for $5 less :slap:

That is the first "original" version I have seen on the bay for less than $350 in about 6 months.

Oh we'll, the original that is listed also mentions it has problems and they say it is a "simple fix" which it may be but it is unlikely judging on what the seller says is wrong with it.

I don't know if it will sell BUT... I doubt you can build one for less!!

biliousfrog
Resistor Ronker
Information
Completed builds: Zen Drive, Fuzz Factory, Really Cheap Compressor, D*A*M 66, Klon Buffer, CryBaby mods, Boss TR2 mods, Various loops and switchers, DOD250, Fulltone Bass Drive, MXR Bluebox mods

Post by biliousfrog »

I thought that the XP All was VERY well priced, the time to build the thing alone would probably warrant that price if you were working to a decent hourly rate...and if you're unable to charge a decent hourly rate then there's a problem with your service. That's roughly what I'd charge for 6 hours work, once you've added all the material costs it doesn't leave much time to break even.

Out of curiosity, did it sell?

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

It did sell....

At a bit of a loss though :cry:

To be expected when selling through evil bay :blackeye

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Still selling the Echoflanger clone.

$225 shipped in CONUS. Firm price. 8)

LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by LaceSensor »

sweet pedal. be interested if it was 220v

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

LaceSensor wrote:sweet pedal. be interested if it was 220v
Sorry Lace... the input transformer is only 120V :cry:

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Will let the Echoflanger go for $200 SHIPPED in CONUS.

This is basically BELOW parts value :blackeye

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Have had no bites on this yet so....

PM me with an offer and I will consider it 8)

Govmnt_Lacky
Information

Post by Govmnt_Lacky »

Damn! Not even 1 offer on this huh?

Color me surprised :shock:

mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Nah he's saying they are listed for $100 but dont sell for prices that high. He's correct, but it may not matter. Looking at completed ebay listings right now theres one that sold for $90, three in the $75-80 range, one for $60, and two for $50. So deal with that how you will.
Taking an average, I've got about $10,000 of BBDs available! :shock: :shock: I bought them (checking the invoices) for <$1200. Looks like I got the deal of the century! I'm going to have to charge the guy who's buying them off me (for a run of pedals) $$$$.... :thumbsup Ker-CHING!!!
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

SAD's Mictester? Or do they say MN3-something?

After which I have to think again about the Mike Matthews story of having a stockpile of MN3005's in his warehouses of which a very large percentage were relabelled MN3008's.

mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:SAD's Mictester? Or do they say MN3-something?

After which I have to think again about the Mike Matthews story of having a stockpile of MN3005's in his warehouses of which a very large percentage were relabelled MN3008's.
There's a few SAD512 and SAD1024, but they're mostly MN3007 (and there are 3101s to drive them). Many of them are destined for a Germany-based Boutique Builder. There's also a tube of TDA1022s!
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

less ker-Ching ;)
SAD512D's do have decent value for those who want to fix their DOD coruses. Many choose not to as the resale value of these DOD's is rather low. I do not know any SAD512's in the non-D version which were used in effects. SAD1024's are always good fun for their obsolesence vs the large use and are wanted. They used to be available through smallbear till some smartass decided to base an ADA flanger project on em a few years back. After that asking prices went through the roof. I made a pretty good deal on quite a few of em some years back and still have some left which helped me do do quite some repairs at an affordable price. MN3007's are still rather easy to be had at a decent price, though I have been burned once on counterfeits and made me pretty reluctant with all that comes fon China and is categorized "semiconductor". As a rule of thumb I do not even look alt MN30xx's that have laser engraved type marking. TDA1022's are becoming rarer as we speak. These are still fun to play with. Pretty good considering they're the oldest commercial BBD's available on the market.