Restoring a vintage pedal, need help finding parts...

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
scotticus
Information

Post by scotticus »

Hello there, I'm reposting this from another forum in an attempt at finding some help.

I'm in the process of restoring an old Arbiter Treble and Bass Face and I'm trying to find parts for it. A handful of parts were replaced in this thing along the way, and for vintage accuracy sake, I'd like to find the exact components to bring it back to 100% period correct. Most of what I'll need will be some carbon comp resistors which will be easy to find, but I'm having trouble finding two capacitors for the circuit. They are Cornell Dubilier brand and should be 0.001uf and 0.1uf. They are gray, cylindrical plastic looking caps that look like these in the picture below:

Problem is, it seems like Cornell made/makes a TON of capacitors, and I haven't found one that even remotely looks like these, even after scouring NOS/vintage parts lots on eBay and various vintage electrical components websites. I'm hoping someone here will have some idea of where to look. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

briman1974
Information

Post by briman1974 »

The one hooked to the ground screw is a .001uf the other is a 4.7nf or .0047uf

I'm also looking for these doing a restore on one of these right now.
If I find a vendor for those I will let you know.
The one I have works but there is a crackle in it. I am going through it try and figure out whats up this week.

scotticus
Information

Post by scotticus »

briman1974 wrote:The one hooked to the ground screw is a .001uf the other is a 4.7nf or .0047uf

I'm also looking for these doing a restore on one of these right now.
If I find a vendor for those I will let you know.
The one I have works but there is a crackle in it. I am going through it try and figure out whats up this week.
Thanks for the clarification, it was hard to find quality pics with the values written on them, and the schematics online weren't easy for me to understand as I'm not really an electronics guy by any stretch. Were you able to find out anything on these yet? I basically gave up on looking when I could barely even find any info to begin with.