Component refurbishment

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Must watch!
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

snofla1900
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by snofla1900 »

Thanks for this eye openener Dirk , although I could have expected this with my eyes wide shut !

Alf

poiureza
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by poiureza »

I still don't understand how they can make a single penny out of this.
Even with $0.00 labour cost, the tool wear alone (grinder, sanding paper, hell even electricity) makes for more expenses than income ...

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Good question on which I do not have an answer.

But thinking aloud there's things to consider like the ones doing this not being the ones that sell to the end user. So it will be the middle man getting burned. Meanwhile it can be so rotten difficult getting a warranty claim back into China that most will probably give up. I seriously wondered if one cannot make up a businessmodel based on the middle man going bankrupt. If that middle man ran his business deliberately on borrowed money (investors, Chinese governement) it will be the tax payer who will pay in the end. Or another run of the Chinese money press to cover.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

dv8r601
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Peavey ranger 212

Post by dv8r601 »

I looked into this a year or so ago after buying a lot of bunk 5543s off eBay. They didn't have the notch or the dot indicator and when I plugged it in the socket it literally got so hot it exploded on my bench whilst I was debugging the entire build. Be careful when buying cheap ass components online. I've decided that USA / UK old stock warehouse sellers are the best bet. Buyer beware
Also I was wondering how they make any money off this kinda racket as well.