Looking for replacement surface mount component

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
soad11dude
Information

Post by soad11dude »

Gday all!

I bought an EH Silencer a few months ago (only $71 CAD... how could I say no). A few days ago, I decided to plug it in and play. In my haste to make face melting metal tones, I accidently plugged an 18VDC neg center pin power supply to the 2.1mm jack. Got some funky sounds and realized in horror what I had done. Opened it up. Smelled the magic smoke that had been released. I decided to not lose hope. With a 9V battery, the stomp box still functions. So the defector must be in the power supply section.

Upon further inspection, I found a diode that appears to be shorted. I'm assuming it's a zener diode, judging by the marking ZZ5 sitting next to it on the PCB. I tried finding an equivalent replacement part online and seemed to get nothing but Russian license plates.

TL;DR.... Can someone identify this diode?
Attachments
He's dead jim
He's dead jim

Intripped
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Intripped »

soad11dude
Information

Post by soad11dude »

That would make sense. XE is indeed in the table. Reverse standoff of 12V and max breakdown voltage of 14.7V. 18VDC sounds like enough to make it go poof. I'll find one online and order it in. First time trying to solder surface mount components. Should be interesting.

Thank you very much!