Can't find this BOSS replacement 1/4" jack - 6 solder lugs

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
fuzzface68
Information

Post by fuzzface68 »

I have a Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah and the 1/4" guitar input jack has gone bad. It has separate guitar and bass inputs. The bass input is working fine, but the guitar input jack is giving me all sorts of intermittent problems when plugged into it and cleaning it did nothing, so I would like to replace it. A couple of the solder lugs also move when you touch them, which I'm thinking may be the cause of the problem.

I've never seen this jack before and I'm pulling my hair out trying to locate it. It's the 1/4" black box chassis mount style, but has 6 solder lugs. I'm assuming this is stereo jack since it's the main input jack, but I've tried searching the net like crazy and this is the only thing that looks close.

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcomme ... dt-switch/

I can't tell from the photo if this has exactly 6 solder lugs or if it's even the right jack for the job, because my experience is only with your standard 3 lug stereo jacks. Is this what I'm looking for?

I'd ideally like to source this jack in the USA to keep cost down. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

absolutelyfibulous
Information
my favorite amplifier: AC30's, big loud old Fenders
Completed builds: Fuzzes...lots of fuzzes, a Univibe or 2, some noise makers, some earth shakers. I don't know...lots of stuff. If there's a schem there's a way

Post by absolutelyfibulous »

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardwar ... -jack.html

those have either 5 or 6 lugs on them. i don't recall how many. i've used them a few times and they're decent enough quality wise. there isn't a diagram for what lug does what but that's easy enough to figure out with a continuity tester. tayda's not u.s. based but their prices and shipping charges are really damn cheap.

fuzzface68
Information

Post by fuzzface68 »

absolutelyfibulous wrote:http://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardwar ... -jack.html

those have either 5 or 6 lugs on them. i don't recall how many. i've used them a few times and they're decent enough quality wise. there isn't a diagram for what lug does what but that's easy enough to figure out with a continuity tester. tayda's not u.s. based but their prices and shipping charges are really damn cheap.
Thanks for the suggestion. The bass input worked fine, so I ended up selling it as is. I found out through some deep research that the jack is made by Singatron in Taiwan and is impossible to source unless you are a parts business. Too much hassle, I gave up. Thanks again!