Colorsound - Power Boost / Overdriver

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...

Re: Colorsound - Power Boost / Overdriver

Postby bettsaj » 06 Jun 2018, 13:08

and here's the end result.....

board 1.jpg

board 2.jpg

board 3.jpg

pedal.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You've seen the film, now get the doll Handi Bendi Ghandi with a wardrobe of robes and a cast of thousands" ...
bettsaj
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby mcentee2 » 17 Dec 2018, 12:29

.Mike wrote:I did another layout for the CSOD, and I forgot to share it here!

Super easy build. Board-mounted pots w/ gain control, made to fit very comfortably in a 1590BB.

[ Image ] [ Image ]

Here are the ExpressPCB pcb/sch files and PDF toner transfer: http://www.justonemorebuild.com/project ... morebuild/

Please let me know if you build one! :D

Mike

Hiya - apols for the necro reply! I am looking at various builds/layouts of the Overdriver/Powerbooster with respect to the orientation of the electrolytic cap coming back from Q3 collector.

It seems various builds have this one way or the other - I am intrigued as to reading your linked schematic which has the +ve side facing away from Q3c, and your PCB layout which seems to have it correctly +ve facing the Q3C - as confirmed correct by Electric Warrior and how the new Casteldine's are built.

Which way around did you build yours in practice vs that schematic ?

Thanks
mcentee2

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby roce » 30 Mar 2019, 18:40

Hello All,

I've built this stombox using the schematic available here http://revolutiondeux.blogspot.com/2012 ... river.html.

Unfortunately sound is really scratchy just at first stage exit and this scratchy sound occurs suddenly when strings are hit hard with HB pickups in particular.
Have you by chance faced similar issues? Have you got any ideas or suggestions to give me?

Thanks a lot!
roce

Have thanks: 0 time

Previous

Return to Vintage Stompbox Corner ( ... - 1975)