Top Gear - Flanger

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
mictester
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Mesa Boogie, Roost Sessionmaster, AC30
Completed builds: Hundreds! Mostly originals, a few clones and lots of modifications.

Post by mictester »

nightraven wrote:
mictester wrote:I had one of these a long time ago. It used to whistle at one part of its sweep. No matter what tweaks I made. In the end, it got a better output filter, and the whistle went (or was at least severely attenuated. I think I gave the thing away because I didn't like it.
so there is another one of these out there. unless the "wise old guitar player" who gave my Flanger to its previous owner was you! would be pretty cool :D
Wise? Perhaps! :D If it was in London, Amsterdam or Berlin (my places of residence in the early 80s, when I gave the thing away), it's possible! I also gave away a Colorsound Flanger / ADT (the original grey one) which was noisy, horrible as a flanger, but sounded amazing in "ADT" mode. It was an astonishingly lush chorus (though noisy). Maybe I just didn't like Flangers at the time!
"Why is it humming?" "Because it doesn't know the words!"

HEAD
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by HEAD »

mictester wrote:
nightraven wrote:
mictester wrote:I had one of these a long time ago. It used to whistle at one part of its sweep. No matter what tweaks I made. In the end, it got a better output filter, and the whistle went (or was at least severely attenuated. I think I gave the thing away because I didn't like it.
so there is another one of these out there. unless the "wise old guitar player" who gave my Flanger to its previous owner was you! would be pretty cool :D
Wise? Perhaps! :D If it was in London, Amsterdam or Berlin (my places of residence in the early 80s, when I gave the thing away), it's possible! I also gave away a Colorsound Flanger / ADT (the original grey one) which was noisy, horrible as a flanger, but sounded amazing in "ADT" mode. It was an astonishingly lush chorus (though noisy). Maybe I just didn't like Flangers at the time!

Flangers in the early 80s in Berlin for sure haven't been very hip. :D

nightraven
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by nightraven »

mictester wrote:Wise? Perhaps! :D If it was in London, Amsterdam or Berlin (my places of residence in the early 80s, when I gave the thing away), it's possible! I also gave away a Colorsound Flanger / ADT (the original grey one) which was noisy, horrible as a flanger, but sounded amazing in "ADT" mode. It was an astonishingly lush chorus (though noisy). Maybe I just didn't like Flangers at the time!
unless your name is Graham and you drove a yellow Capri in '85 whilst living in Durham ... it doesn't seem likely :(
https://fuzzboxes.org | authoritative and clickbait-free resource for 1960s fuzz pedals

nightraven
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by nightraven »

the Flanger got back to me today ... not the greatest flanger pedal i've ever played through to say the least ;)
not that i had high expectations at first but it's pretty generic sounding and doesn't come close to my Foxrox Paradox!
here's a very rough clip i did as soon as i got the pedal - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... D=10439117
it's a cool pedal though, i love how it looks so it's a keeper!
https://fuzzboxes.org | authoritative and clickbait-free resource for 1960s fuzz pedals

nightraven
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by nightraven »

and thanks D_H for the fix!!

blutaQ
Information
Completed builds: Moog Werkstatt mods

Post by blutaQ »

Well i never, they do exist out in the 'wild'! I know the thread is almost as old as the pedal but i am just surprised to see someone else has one. I have just been Thinning down my pedals and have a few vintage pedals to go. I was just looking for some info, it seems quite an odd / rare unit.