Musitronics - Mutron Volume Wah (1979) guts

Discussion regarding early stompbox technology: 1960-1975 Please keep discussion focused and contribute what info you have...
borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
Dipthonizer,seekwah,Talkingpedal,morleywha
...soulpreacher,dynacomp,compulator
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
...CE-2,ibanez fL301,EH theCloneTheory
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

:lol: Do not know about that gay issue :lol: , but I can post ready to transfer PCB artwork if you are interested :hmmm: ....?

cheers

Boris

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

borislavgajic wrote::lol: Do not know about that gay issue :lol: , but I can post ready to transfer PCB artwork if you are interested :hmmm: ....?

cheers

Boris
Goodie, goodie :applause:

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information
Completed builds: ...script phase90,ETI phaser,Ross phaser,mutronC200,vox wah,WH10,FW-3,mutronIII,DrQuack,Penfoldautowah,Tubezipper,
...buzzaround,fuzzfactory,screwdriver,sho,superdouper,St-9,RogerMayer octavia,Tychobrahe octavia,paralelluniverse,string damper,slowgear
EHX bassmicrosynth,EHX EnglishMuffin,Tube Phaser,springtubereverb ,greyDOD,FulldriveII mosfet,OCD,VOX repeat percussion,RingStinger,Meatball,12stage phaser....

Post by borislavgajic »

that means you want PCB...?
I am now at competition in Gymnastics, and when I get home, I will post nice PCB......you want curved traces or straight traces...? :thumbsup

cheers

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

borislavgajic wrote:that means you want PCB...?
I am now at competition in Gymnastics, and when I get home, I will post nice PCB......you want curved traces or straight traces...? :thumbsup

cheers
Sure I do :) Curly is cute :wink:

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

fiew gut shots....
later will post pcb artwork......
Attachments
wah c200 mutron clone 001.JPG
wah mutronc200 003.JPG
wah mutronc200 008.JPG

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

:wink: Хере ит ис......енјоу пеопле....
Here it is ........enjoy people.......
Evo ga............uživajte ljudi.........Ц-200[/b]

:thumbsup

Boris
Attachments
200.GIF
Mutron   C200 vol wah.JPG
Sprint-Layout 5.0 - [D__Bora netata_Bora_Elektronika kompletni projekti_Mutron c200 volwah_C200 WahVol curved traces.LAY].pdf
(110.77 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

wanted to post modified schem....... :slap:
here it is.....
Attachments
Mutron C200 modified.JPG

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

How sexy is this? :thumbsup :applause:

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

:applause:
sinner wrote:How sexy is this? :thumbsup :applause:
like your attitude mister sinner.... :lol:

best to you man

Boris

borislavgajic
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by borislavgajic »

just found this demmo...... :thumbsup

chicago_mike
Tube Twister
Information

Post by chicago_mike »

NICE!!
Skyline FX 2013

acres
Information

Post by acres »

mutronc200wah.png
Heres a vero layout for anyone interested. has a 1054 inverting voltage doubler to give v+ and v- at around 15v and -15v. ldr 1 and 2 are close to the led and ldr 3 is opposite, use a bit of plastic or something to block/expose ldr 3 to the led. i used an old morley wah for mine which already uses an led so are pretty easy to gut and use (and cheapish, old pro series 2).

when its off the volume is still affected when the foot-pedal is moved a bit since the volume ldr is still exposed to the led, so might be good to use a 3pdt for volume, using the extra row to bypass the ldr when the effect is off.

if theres a volume drop when the wah effect is on try lowering the value of the 22k resistor connecting the first two op amp stages. or even better, use a trim pot around 25k until the signals match.

mbrebes
Information

Post by mbrebes »

Regarding opamps used, the early ones without the connector for the switches used LM353 instead of the 4558. They have a faster slew rate, are quieter than the 4558, and they can drive lower resistance loads. Also the LED drive circuit pot is a 5K and not a 50K, which would give you way too much range. I believe one of mine has the 10K pot in both positions of the circuit board.