Orange - CR3 Micro Crush

Tube or solid-state, this section goes to eleven!
crickyo
Information

Post by crickyo »

Hi guys i just got a micro crush and im looking to add a speaker out to it. Ive searched and all ive found is a hand drawn schematic and talk about changing the diodes etc but not to to add a speaker out.

On the ms2 and fender mini its just a matter of putting a jumper across the right resistor im hoping its the same on this :D

Ive already opened the amp and had a look at the board i'll attach the pictures when i copy them to my pc , when i opened it it looked like it had taken a splash but nothing major i cleaned it off and noticed that a resisitor was already broken labelled as r41 (i think the water done this it looked a bit rusty) but it was just broken not jumpered or anything . I plan on replacing it later hopefully ill know what to take out for the speaker out too.

Has anyone done this already?

crickyo
Information

Post by crickyo »

just an update i put it back together and jumpered over r41 , connected to a cab and awesome!!!! (for a 9v battery amp) :D Hope this helps anyone else interested .

its pretty easy to remove the innards

4 screws on back of case - remove input jack nut and washer - remove tone and volume knobs .
you should be able to open the case easily now slide the panel out the back of the case , there is one screw holding the pcb to the top of the case remove this to have your pcb free.

r41 is beside the headphone out on the left remove this and add a jumper between the contacts and you should be ready to reassemble. to assemble just follow the steps in reverse and be careful with the led indicators for the tuner they are easily bent and need to stay in the same place to fit flush in the case again.

One thing id like is to clean up the clean channel a bit , is it possible ? easy? any time i turn up the volume it gets overdriven/distorted from about 50% (although its better on the bigger speaker) on the other thread i seen they were talking about remving gain from the second ic is it possible to remove some gain from the first op amp?