EagleCAD Schematics Resources

Digital tools for electronic work: software for pcb design, schematic drawing, circuit simulation, parts inventory tools, ...
fishfude
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by fishfude »

Hey Folks,

I love doing board layouts in EagleCAD and have been practicing a lot lately, but putting the schematics together is a pain. Are there any good resources or file dumps out there of EagleCAD .sch (schematic) files?

Thanks,
ff

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Do I understand right you're asking for ready made Eagle schematics so you can do the PCB layouting? Such a construction appears rather "new" to me.
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com

fishfude
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by fishfude »

Not really sure what you are getting at dude, but the reason I posted was I found these guys sharing their .sch files http://pedalgeeksunited.com/ and thought there might be a bigger community of it. It's not like anyone has designed any of these circuits themselves.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

pls don't "dude" me OK? :shock: No flame was intended.

Let's say that the concept of sharing schematics in a predefined schematic editor format is rather new to me. After that a schematic is a schematic and if one wants it in a certain editor one can enter it in that format. I mean, when one enters a circuit in a schematic editor one also adds stuff like the shape of the component isn't it? That means that if one takes a schematic from a source like this, finds out all is planned for SMT while desiring through hole, one has to alter all components to his needs.... essentially consuming as almost as much time as entering a fresh schematic.

Other than that most designers have their specific wants, requirements, demands or quirks. That forms a certain "handwriting". When using someone elses schematic as a source this handwriting will definitely be different.

I experience on a daily basis (in Altium) entering a schematic is the least work. Defining new components, PCB footprints, component data and revision tracking eat far more time than the circuit itself.

Ice-9
Degoop Doctor
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)

Post by Ice-9 »

If one is to get the schematic given to them in a certain format , lets say in eagle format then why does one just not get the pcb file given as well. If one is to only want to do half the work then one might as well do non of the work...... :wink:

To answer the OP's question, hundreds of sch files will be posted around this forum you just need to find the ones you want. :thumbsup
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

fishfude
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by fishfude »

The gentleman that is Monsieur Gaussmarkov has these projects with associated Eagle Files: http://gaussmarkov.net/wordpress/category/circuits/

fishfude
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by fishfude »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:pls don't "dude" me OK? :shock: No flame was intended.

Let's say that the concept of sharing schematics in a predefined schematic editor format is rather new to me. After that a schematic is a schematic and if one wants it in a certain editor one can enter it in that format. I mean, when one enters a circuit in a schematic editor one also adds stuff like the shape of the component isn't it? That means that if one takes a schematic from a source like this, finds out all is planned for SMT while desiring through hole, one has to alter all components to his needs.... essentially consuming as almost as much time as entering a fresh schematic.

Other than that most designers have their specific wants, requirements, demands or quirks. That forms a certain "handwriting". When using someone elses schematic as a source this handwriting will definitely be different.

I experience on a daily basis (in Altium) entering a schematic is the least work. Defining new components, PCB footprints, component data and revision tracking eat far more time than the circuit itself.
I appreciate and agree with what you say, but I asked a very specific question. Most parts can quickly be replaced by my own parts which is still saving me a huge amount of time.

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Which makes me wonder what exactly is your pain in entering schematics. I mean, about every CAD scham and PCB drawing system has a learning curve. However I never had the feeling that the PCB editor was way easier than the schematic editor. Usually it's the side tasks like creating components where the horror is. (Try creating a schematic symbol in Designspark for a change).

fishfude
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by fishfude »

Dirk_Hendrik wrote:Which makes me wonder what exactly is your pain in entering schematics. I mean, about every CAD scham and PCB drawing system has a learning curve. However I never had the feeling that the PCB editor was way easier than the schematic editor. Usually it's the side tasks like creating components where the horror is. (Try creating a schematic symbol in Designspark for a change).
I was quite clear in my original post. I want to practice layouts,