Lunevibe - A Tremulus Lune / Magnavibe mash-up

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

The audio section from the Magnavibe driven by an LFO derived from the Tremulus Lune, with vibrato/tremelo switch. Sounds great: Any suggestions for improvements are more than welcome (bear in mind I'm trying to keep it simple-ish!). A vero layout to follow when I've got it verified:
Lunevibe_schem_nocentelli.PNG
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

It works:
Lunevibe_vero1_nocentelli.gif
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

briggs
Tube Twister
Information
my favorite amplifier: Briggs Custom Suprono
Completed builds: Too many to still class myself as sane....

Post by briggs »

That looks pretty cool. I like the versatility of the Trem Lune LFO, it's got a huge range of usable settings..

I am Klon.

kaycee
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by kaycee »

Funny, I tried the same idea - but didn't like it myself. Also with a couple of other LFO's but nothing sounded quite as good as the original, granted its got limited controls, but it sounds so nice 8)

My stock one built using your vero, lovin it - thanks for the layout 8)

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Great looking pedal! Couple of questions - What's that finish? Did you buy the box like that, or paint it yourself? And what is that cool-looking LED/LED cover?

kaycee
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by kaycee »

Thanks for the kind words mate!

Yes, hand painted with the quick dry enamel paints you can get in Homebase or B&Q in the little pots, Polyvine is the make. The colour is Antique Bronze, some stick on letters from a craft shop and a couple of coats of paint on clear and Roberts yer Dad's brother :wink:

The LED cover is called a 'Fensell' lense, you pop an LED inside, got it from Maplins I think.

Built a couple from your layouts, appreciate you sharing them :thumbsup

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

You're welcome... Fresnel lens, so that's what they look like. I'm always on the look out for LED mounts, don't really like the usual DIY bezels you get. I used to just have them poking through the box a la frequency central, but I can't get them to stay put.

millibobs
Information

Post by millibobs »

Hi Folks

Built took a second attempt at this and can now get signal but LED on board does not light. Also getting loud popping when I flip the SPDT. Speaking of the switch, is this a simple on/on or should it be on/off/on or something else?

It's not a complex circuit and I've checked all the component placings/jumpers and it all seems ok.

Also checked off-board wiring and all seems fine.

The cuts on the board are hard tyo make out in some instances because some of them are hidden behind components - there is no separate page for just cuts. Really keen to finish this and make it work - the OCD is strong in me..............

Hope somebody picks this message up.......

David