Guitar to Synth-Bass

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
friedtransistor
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshal Class v
Completed builds: Mad Professor Deep Blue delay, Mark Hammer's Chaos Fuzz, and an overdrive for my friend at church.

Post by friedtransistor »

I created a cool circuit based off of a square-to-sawtooth converter parallel to a divider circuit. It sounds pretty mean, however, it only works on guitar, not bass, due to the glitchy nature of the circuit. Run through an envelope filter, it sounds kind of like a slicer lead tone, especially in the upper registers. Here's the schematic:
IMG_4848[1].JPG
If requested, I can upload a video, but it will be a while. Youtube ain't the fastest uploader ever...
For all you starwars fans...

Sorry, downsized by request.

Did I mention I love bass?

friedtransistor
Solder Soldier
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshal Class v
Completed builds: Mad Professor Deep Blue delay, Mark Hammer's Chaos Fuzz, and an overdrive for my friend at church.

Post by friedtransistor »

Actually, here's a vid already:
For all you starwars fans...

Sorry, downsized by request.

Did I mention I love bass?

DavidRavenMoon
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Vox AC30 TB, Marshall JCM800.

Post by DavidRavenMoon »

That's sick! I like it!
"You give a better performance if you skip the eyes" - Raymond Scott
--
Coney Island Guitars

zmix
Information

Post by zmix »

friedtransistor wrote:I created a cool circuit based off of a square-to-sawtooth converter parallel to a divider circuit. It sounds pretty mean, however, it only works on guitar, not bass, due to the glitchy nature of the circuit. Run through an envelope filter, it sounds kind of like a slicer lead tone, especially in the upper registers. Here's the schematic:
IMG_4848[1].JPG
If requested, I can upload a video, but it will be a while. Youtube ain't the fastest uploader ever...

It's fantastic, basically the "sawtooth core" from any VCO circuit, but applied to a guitar divider..!

It sounds like the sawtooth wave is playing a fifth above the square wave, or the flipflop is set up as a divide-by-three...

Have you done any more work on the circuit since?