Mystery Pedal ID?

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
jonathant
Information

Post by jonathant »

img_1645-1.jpg
I picked up a home made pedal built on perf board for $3 at a junk shop. I was expecting something simple, but holy moley it's way beyond me. Of course it would help if it worked, but no. I'm hoping someone here will either recognize the pedal, or at least tell me what type it might be.

The ICs are:
1 @ mc14049ub - Hex Buffer
2 @ cd4081bcn - Quad 2-Input OR Buffered B Series Gate
1 @ cd4053bcn - Multiplexer/Demultiplexer
1 @ mc14016b - Quad Analog Switch/Quad Multiplexer
1 @ lf356n opamp

There are also 7 adjustable resistors on the back, a 3-position rotary switch with 3 LEDs for each position, one pot and an off/on microswitch.
Mostly I'd like to know what sort of pedal it is so I can decide if I want to troubleshoot or reuse the parts. Thanks in advance!

deltafred
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by deltafred »

My guess is overdrive/fuzz with digitally selected distortion levels.
Politics is the art of so plucking the goose as to obtain the most feathers with the least squawking. - R.G. 2011
Jeez, she's an ugly bastard, she makes my socks hurt. I hope it's no ones missus here. - Ice-9 2012

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

The multiplexer switcher chips might be used for an electronic bypass circuit
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran