AION BLUESHIFT (BOSS DIMENSION C CLONE) QUESTION

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
tedsorvino
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tedsorvino »

I don't know if anyone is familiar with this pedal (original or clone project)
I've built it and it works quite well.
But there some minor issues.

Firstly, one side of the BBD Ics (ic 9 and ic 8 ) have quite different voltages to the nominal ones and the other side of BBD Ics - Ic 3 and 4 (even if the effect sound on both outputs is pretty much the same).
And the voltages on all test points seem correct. I have to admit that I haven't used an oscilloscope for calibration. Just a DMM.

Another issue, is that according to the layout and schematic a TRS socket has to be used on one of the two outs (output B). Both outs were working well in Mono. But in Stereo mode that particular out was causing a problem of stoping the effect (just dry signal) from the other out (output A- a simple TS out), when a normal TS jack was plugged in. I decided to disconnect the Ring connection from the PCB and socket and now everything works as it should (?). Good amount of effect on both outs.

Is this a normal behaviour? Any ideas about possible problems? Does the different voltages on IC 9 (not the callibrating pin 3) affect the overall behaviour (even the outs issue?
You can check the schematic and layout on the aionelectronics site if you want https://aionelectronics.com/project/blu ... -c-chorus/

Thanks in advance

destro
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Peavey Classic Series

Post by destro »

I've built a couple and FWIW the scope wasn't a deal breaker. I had it dialed in pretty dang close audio probing off the BBD and setting at minimal distortion. It's kind of a nightmare to have to debug. Be sure to double check your wiring options. Go by the table instead of the picture. I had mine miswired and had some issues with the effect out. Also, go back through and reflow the joints. Double check for accidental traces (I use a magnifying glass.) The second one I built didn't work right away until I reflowed. Obviously your experience may vary. You might want to post this in the troubleshooting thread with voltages if you double check and still have issues.

tedsorvino
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tedsorvino »

Good advice Destro. I will do another check. For continuity and with magnihiyng glass. I will also reheat any connection I see not great (even if feel quite sure about the connections- I always triple check them). Then I will calibrate with an oscilloscope I found - if it works. And if I doubt the result I will repost to the other section. Thanks a lot.