Questions about Philips BC Electro Caps...

Frequently asked questions on capacitor types, ratings, brands, use and abuse.
CircuitBendah
Information

Post by CircuitBendah »

I have a few questions. Thank you in advance to anybody that answers them. Ok, the blue BC caps that Dunlop, DAM, etc uses.

1. If they are made by BC/Vishay where does Philips fall into the equation? You can find Philips written on them, but they appear to be a Vishay part...

2. Does anybody know the Mouser Part # for the 22uf and 2.2uf BC Caps that are commonly used by boutique builders? The pictures at Mouser are "stock photos" so I wanna make sure I order the right ones.
I bought some on eBay, but I wanna save some money and order them from Mouser, as I am going to make a few fuzzes for friends for XMAS. I only bought a couple off ebay and wanna make sure I get the right ones. Mojo or not, they look damn cool.

3. The blue BC 100v 22uf cap that I have in hand has "KO" written on it. I don't see reference to a "KO series" on Mouser, so what does this stand for?

CircuitBendah
Information

Post by CircuitBendah »

Anybody have any info on these part numbers? I'd appreciate it.

davent
Information

Post by davent »

Just regarding Philips and BC/Vishay- BCcomponents (Beyschlag Centralab components), a leading manufacturer of passive electronic components, emerged from Philips Electronics Components division in January 1999. .

http://www.vishay.com/company/brands/bccomponents/