Help!: Applying Logo Plate To Enclosure

Frequent question about boxes and accessories: painting, etching, clearcoating, lettering, glueing, and so on.
lettuceprey
Information

Post by lettuceprey »

I've just finished my first build, and had some aluminum plates made with a logo I created. I'd lke to attach these plates permanently to my pedals somehow. I've tried loctite and hot glue so far with zero success. Any suggestions?

I've placed the plate on the box like i need it to be...but cant figure out what to bond the aluminum to the powder coated aluminum with:

FiveseveN
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by FiveseveN »

By Loctite do you mean cyanoacrylate (Super Glue/Krazy Glue)? 'Cause there's a bunch of adhesives sold under that brand name, but IIRC cyanoacrylate is the main one. Should work with epoxy (the clear bicomponent type), might have to sand the surface a bit (but stay within the plate's perimeter).
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. (Charles Darwin)

lettuceprey
Information

Post by lettuceprey »

I found a great glue at Autozone which bonds the enclosure and logo perfectly. And it's crazy strong!

Dr. Bond Glue by Permatex. It's used as rear view mirror adhesize and worked out great. FYI