Board Wiring help!!!

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
badboykane
Information

Post by badboykane »

So sorry if this is the incorrect section, I am a n00b here.

I have recently bought a kit to build a one knob fuzz, everything I need in the kit to build along with enclosure, jacks and switch.

Everything other than instructions...........

I know basic wiring as I have built a couple of other pedals recently from diagrams from right here on this site (thanks to those who posted them).

I figured out where the trace cut and components go on the board from a photo and made a vero diagram of it.

My issue is, I have no idea how to figure out where the POT legs would be wired to and where on the board the input, output, positive and negative points would go on the vero.

If anyone could help me if possible, the offboard wiring I know how to do, I just need the points on the board where the offboard wiring would go to along with the POT points.

Thanks in advance.

Couple of components I didn't know the value of either so I wrote what is marked on them under the diagram (well just the 2 grey caps which are the same)

Here is the layout.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

You need to find a schematic and not try and build anything from just the layout alone.
Ask the guy who sold you the kit - don't buy a kit without a schematic. I can buy a kit with schematic and no layout, but not the other way around.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

badboykane
Information

Post by badboykane »

Thanks for your reply.

I am waiting on the instructions to come to me, the guy I bought the kit from originally bought it from the person who put together this layout.
He has contacted the person who came up with this layout for replacement instructions but is yet to hear from him.

I guess Ill just have to wait.

Just thought I might post here just in case someone could work out this stuff.

Thanks anyway.

PokeyPete
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by PokeyPete »

badboykane wrote: Here is the layout.

I like puzzles, here's my guess:

V+............b anywhere
GND..........g anywhere
IN.............e anywhere
OUT..........P1 lug 2
P1 lug 3.....c10
P1 lug 1.....g anywhere

How'd I do? :scratch: :hmmm:
“No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another
good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err
if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught
only by himself has a fool for a master.”
–Hunter S. Thompson

badboykane
Information

Post by badboykane »

Thanks for the guess but I wouldn't want to chance on a guess.

I have go hold of the original author of the layout and he is sending me a hard copy of the instructions in the mail as he doesn't want his instructions floating round the net, so hopefully not too long now and ill have it built.