green ringer filter switch

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
greenblueredblue
Information

Post by greenblueredblue »

I'm making my first a green ringer the layout says to use a dpdt switch but i can't seem to find out which switch number corresponds to which pin on the switch?

any help would be great so i can get my first build finished.

cheers

PokeyPete
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by PokeyPete »

I'm sorry!! I was going to spend a few minutes to try to help you out, but it would take more than a few
to trace what you have. I looked at GGG's site and their schematic and BOM and it specifies only 5 capacitors.
Yours uses much more. You did say it was "based" on GGG's schematic, but, apparently there is some modding
going on. Please add more info....working schematic, etc. Someone may be familiar with your project and
jump right in, but they haven't yet. If you give me a little more up front info, I'll try to help.
“No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another
good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err
if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught
only by himself has a fool for a master.”
–Hunter S. Thompson

jorgezorro
Information

Post by jorgezorro »

Beavis has some nice diagrams that show the switch pin numbers. http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/Switches/.

Pins 2 and 5 will be the middle pins in each row. Pins 3 and 6 will be the outside lugs. You could also use pins 1 and 4 instead of 3 and 6.

I believe that the above circuit deviates from the GGG schematic as shown below. There are additional low pass filters between Q1 and Q2 that can be switched out.

Good luck with the Ringer project!

greenblueredblue
Information

Post by greenblueredblue »

cheers for the help