custom wah switch setup?

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
gambitpawn1
Information

Post by gambitpawn1 »

i'm working on a morley wah from the 90's. i put a good 3dpt switch in to replace the original switch and it works great, but i was wanting to put a switch on the foot pedal itself in addition to the normal switch on the side. i purchased a momentary 3dpt switch and if it were not so tall i could make it work. the idea is to be able to turn the switch on the side on and be able to leave the pedal on (i have some songs where i play in that state) or off, but i was also wanting to be able to step on the pedal and have the effect turned on for more short term use without having to aim for the switch on the side for turning it on or off. like an ibanez tone lock weeping demon

do they make a "switch" that i can use to do this or am i going to have to wire up a momentary dot switch with some npn and pnp transistors with a buffer? i know it would be like a switch on a boss pedal but in a momentary design.

do i need to break out my books from school or has anyone built or have a solution for something like this before?

thanx for any help

gambitpawn1
Information

Post by gambitpawn1 »

well so far my research has led to one possible solution, a 9volt relay switch (TQ2-L-9V) is looking like the best solution and mounting a small momentary switch on the foot pedal