What switch??

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
Musician78
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Musician78 »

I have a Dan electro milkshake pedal. I put a potentiometer and switch in it and when I activated the switch I could alter the circuit bending with the potentiometer and the pedals knobs. When I turned the switch off the pedal would operate the way it was supposed to. I removed the circuit bend wiring and the switch I used for another project. Now I want to put the circuit bend back in the milkshake pedal. When I to do this, the switch for some reason would not shut off that portion of the circuit. It is a 1pdt. I'm pretty sure it is the same exact switch I used before.

Essentially I wired to a resistor, the first lug and the second lug of the switch. In the middle of the circuit, I put the potentiometer with a wire to the wiper and one of the other lugs. I cannot figure out why the results are now different. Maybe I'm smoking crack. Would that work if I had a 1pst switch? Because now I'm second-guessing if I use one of those instead.

I know for a fact I have the wires soldered to the same areas that I did before, because my soldering left marks as im a little sloppy.

CHEEZOR
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by CHEEZOR »

I hope you have this issue fixed. Sorry nobody responded.
In case you still are experiencing issues: Want to draw a diagram or take a picture of what you have? Also, if you found the mod online somewhere then put the link in here so people know what you were supposed to do in case you didnt do it right.