Timmy Vero build wiring diagram

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
rydog0103
Information

Post by rydog0103 »

Hello:) Hey sorry if this has been asked and or a dumb question.... I just finished this guy.....

Can someone please tell me or show me the correct way to wire this up to a 3PDT foot switch, jacks, DC jack?? I have a couple wiring diagrams and not sure which one to use. This is my first vero build so I am lost! I'm so use to PCB's. Thanks so much for your help!!!! :D

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

From the same website: The only minor differences are the blue output wire heading to the footswitch actually comes from the volume pot lug 2, not the circuit board itself as suggested here; Also, the LED current limiting resistor has been included on the timmy board, so you can leave it off the switching diagram, miss off the connection from +9v DC jack to the LED positive, and connect the LED positive to the "LED+" point on the timmy layout.

modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...

rydog0103
Information

Post by rydog0103 »

You rock! :D Thanks you so very much!

Nate77
Information

Post by Nate77 »

So.... Not to beat a dead horse here, but the negative side of the LED still is connected to the footswitch? I assume that's correct but half of my assumptions have gotten me into a fair amount of trouble.....
Thank you for the awesome, consise and verified layouts and instructions as well as advice. Not sure what is do without this site!

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Yes.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...