Master bypass wiring / two circuits same box

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
danndubblewe
Information

Post by danndubblewe »

As the title describes, I'd like to wire two pedals into the same box but have a master bypass switch so that if they're both on, or singularly on, I can hit it and both will be disengaged.

I've found master bypass wiring in loop switchers but not for two effect circuits. Would it be similar to the bypass loopers? Ground to ground, in and out jack connections on the master bypass switch? I am lost and trying to work this out on paper is driving me mad.

You guys are wonderful.

FIRST POST. SUCCESS :applause:

danndubblewe
Information

Post by danndubblewe »

:hmmm:

Lucifer
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Vyse BBQ Blue

Post by Lucifer »

I tried replying yesterday, but the system went into a loop - and bypassed me :D

I think you have described the basics - in and out jacks to your master bypass switch, then the 'unbypassed side of that switch becomes the new In and out for your two circuit switches, which you would wire in series with each other.

I've done a quick sketch - excuse the quality, as it was done by mouse in a very unconventional way - which shows the overall connections.

I have not shown the LED switching or the EARTH connections.
Attachments
Master Bypass.gif
Master Bypass.gif (5.16 KiB) Viewed 1173 times
”Sex is great - but you can’t beat the real thing !” - The Wanker’s Handbook

danndubblewe
Information

Post by danndubblewe »

BAM! That's so it. It makes so much more sense now - in to the out of the separate effects. I can't believe I couldn't wrap my brain around it. You are the man! Thank you so much!!

Lucifer
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Vyse BBQ Blue

Post by Lucifer »

My pleasure !
Don't be so hard on yourself. I've had quite a few years doing this, but I'm still surprised by the simple/elegant solutions that some of the guys come up with, and I ask myself "why couldn't I think of that ?".
I love this forum.
”Sex is great - but you can’t beat the real thing !” - The Wanker’s Handbook