Pedalboard-in-one-box

Putting two effects in one box almost looks too easy, but you will save a lot of time reading the frequent questions before starting such a project...
Distortion-
Information

Post by Distortion- »

Hi guys!

I've been thinking about this idea about putting all of my stompboxes into one custom-made enclosure. I think I've got most of it figured out, but I'm having a problem regarding the switches.

You see, most of my pedals use mechanichal footswitches, and that's great and everything. Unfortunately, a few are also Boss pedals using momentary switches and, I guess, some sorta IC (flip-flops?). I'd like to use mechanichal 3pdt switches for all effects, though. Has anyone else tried this and come to a solution?

Dr Tony Balls
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Sunn Model T

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Distortion- wrote:Hi guys!

I've been thinking about this idea about putting all of my stompboxes into one custom-made enclosure. I think I've got most of it figured out, but I'm having a problem regarding the switches.

You see, most of my pedals use mechanichal footswitches, and that's great and everything. Unfortunately, a few are also Boss pedals using momentary switches and, I guess, some sorta IC (flip-flops?). I'd like to use mechanichal 3pdt switches for all effects, though. Has anyone else tried this and come to a solution?
Do you really want them to use mechanical 3PDTs, or do you just want them all to be metal and rugged? If its the later, just pickup some carling SPST momentaries or the like and use those for the flip flops.

Distortion-
Information

Post by Distortion- »

Yeah, I think I'll have to it that way. It was mostly because of the looks anyway.