Line mixer

Frequent asked about building blocks: gain stages, buffers, clipping configurations, ...
garfoid
Information

Post by garfoid »

So, I have built the minimixer from GGG and I'm experiencing some problems on one of the channels.That happens because before the mixer I'm splitting the signal, passively, and then blending back again.So, I have clean bass on one channel and Turbo Rat on the other.One thing I did was to alter the 10k to a 1M on the clean channel and also changed the 100k gain resistor to 22k in this channel o balance the volume of this channel.The problem then relys on the other channel.The rat sounds bad with a little bit of fuzzyness and I don't know how to fix this.I tried to level up the gain resistor of this channel to 168k to compensate its gain, still that sound is there.I've also replaced the pot from 10k to 250k and still the same.
Another thing I did was to replace the .1 cap on the clean channel to 1uf to let more bass through(Will this be ok, or should I consider lowering to lets say .33? )
Sorry, there are a couple of questions regarding this project, and I hope someone can feed me back with some opinions regarding this project.

garfoid
Information

Post by garfoid »

So, anyone?Perhaps I should put some fotos of the build!?