Help with SMD component based crybaby wah classic

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.

Help with SMD component based crybaby wah classic

Postby JoxTraex » 03 Jan 2011, 06:42

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the DIY and I am extremely excited to be able to play around with my pedals. Ever since seeing some of the circuits involved in these pedals, I have to say that I am quite intrigued! :D ! However; I have come across some problems with the current target of my project: The crybaby wah classic (GCB-95F). Here us some gut shots of my pedal:

As can be noted my crybaby wah is completely built with SMD components. Being that I have no experience with working with SMD components, let alone modifying a complete soldered board, I would appreciate any form of help that can help enlighten my understanding of these delicate matters. In particular I need to know how I can achieve some of the mods on a crybaby such as these: http://www.instructables.com/id/Modify-Your-Wah-Pedal/ . Once I understand how an SMD circuit/soldered board can be modified, then I should be able to implement the mods at that website.

I truly appreciate your time reading my post.

Thank you for your time,
Jox
JoxTraex

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Help with SMD component based crybaby wah classic

Postby mmolteratx » 25 Feb 2011, 06:30

Curious Inventor has a pretty good tutorial on their site IIRC.
mmolteratx
Degoop Doctor

Have thanks: 628 times

Re: Help with SMD component based crybaby wah classic

Postby bigmufffuzzwizz » 27 Mar 2011, 19:33

The components act the same way, its just how they are physically soldered on the board. Maybe i'm misreading your question.
Magic Pedals Home of The Shrine Fuzz!
bigmufffuzzwizz
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 2 times

Return to Absolute Beginners