Veroboard Trace cut tip

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
CGP
Information
my favorite amplifier: Egnater Rebel 30
Completed builds: Mosfet Boost
Muff Master
Mos-Face
Xotic EP Booster
CA Clarifier

Post by CGP »

Trace cuts can be a bit tricky when you are using veroboard as the cuts are made to the reverse of the board so are effectively mirrored to what is shown on the layout. To make it a bit easier try this method

1. Mark component side positions of trace cuts with a thin marker or felt tip pen (Try to get the pen tip right into the hole so it marks the sides as well). This will correspond exactly to the layout and will also give you a reference point for placing other components.

2. Flip board over and look at it from an angle, you should be able to see the holes that need to be cut appear darker from the pen ink

3. Cut the traces! You will also see the marker pen once you have made the cuts which I find quite reassuring.

Not rocket science but speeds it up for me and avoids mistakes.
Vero1.jpg
vero2.jpg
vero3.jpg

Moustache_Bash
Information

Post by Moustache_Bash »

Good tips. Thanks, man!

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

... or, you can put a wire into the hole marked, flip the board and mark the hole where the cable is shown ... and so on ...