Veroboard symbols... Newbie question

Ok, you got your soldering iron and nothing is going to hold you back, but you have no clue where to start or what to build. There were others before you with the same questions... read them first.
jarrettbailey
Information

Post by jarrettbailey »

Hey guys-

I am trying to get into building pedals for fun (and to save $) and I find some great vero layouts that I'd like to build, but being a newbie, there are symbols that I am unsure of. Can anyone send me to a reference chart. Some of them I know, but there are some that I am unsure about. One of which is a kind of semi circle with 3 letters inside. There are others as well, so any info or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

J

Dr Tony Balls
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Sunn Model T

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

no such chart exists that im aware of. Just post pics of layouts here and ask questions about them.

jaguarow
Information

Post by jaguarow »

The semi circle you speak of is probably a transistor. Are the letters CBE (Collector, Base, Emitter) by any chance?

beedotman
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by beedotman »

beedotman
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by beedotman »

jaguarow wrote:The semi circle you speak of is probably a transistor. Are the letters CBE (Collector, Base, Emitter) by any chance?
yup!

jarrettbailey
Information

Post by jarrettbailey »

yes, they are. I figured that out not too long after I posted. Sorry for the dumb question... like I said... newbie. I will definitely post pics of the circuit I want to build. I am thinking about the Wampler Ecstasy circuit right now. I had one and sold it. Thought it would be fun to build and I know it's a great pedal, I just wanted something different at the time.

Thanks for all the info. I'll be back! :)