tone control acting like volume pot

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
reaperman2011
Information

Post by reaperman2011 »

Hi, just done my first build of a bigmuff clone, all parts been double checked and are positioned on the pcb correct, the sustain, volumne and tone pots are also correct, on testing using a 9v battery (not done switch wiring yet) it sounds great , sustain works fine and volume works fine, the problem I have noticed is when I turn the tone knob down it increases the volume, Other than that absolutely love the pedal, any help is greatly appreciated.

reaperman2011
Information

Post by reaperman2011 »

some more info, just had another listen and it gets louder as i turn the tone down but would say its the base that really gets louder and drowns out the highs, when i built this i changed some of the caps from 100nf to 0.47 microfards to increase the base tone but wasn't expecting this sort of result, could it be this cap change that's causing the tone po to give the response it does. i can live with it but would like to learn for future builds, i.e play about with caps for different sounds if this is the norm